External Job Title:
VP, Human Resources
Area of Interest:
Full-time or Part-Time/Internship:
Full time 40 hours/wk
Up to 10%
Monday-Friday 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
PACSUN’s company mission is to be 16-24 year olds favorite specialty retailer for brands and California lifestyle. Our culture is unique, dynamic, and innovative and we live through our values and our “Golden State of Mind.” The Vice President of Human Resources will provide strong and effective leadership, direction and professional expertise in all areas of human resources management. This leadership role will be responsible for ensuring optimal operations including the financial viability, planning and success of the department with specific responsibilities over HR generalist, Workers Compensation, Employee Records, as well as Compensation and Benefits. The ideal candidate will have superior leadership skills combined with exceeding business objectives.
Human Resources Strategy
- Must be a hands-on professional with strong creative and conceptual skills as well as a proven track record managing a complex a changing business environment.
- Serve as a thought Partner/Trusted Advisor to Executive leadership team.
- Driver who possesses the ability to take actions and implement effective solutions often while influencing across different function and levels of the organization.
- Serve as internal HR consultant and partner to the executive team, Director and Managers to address specific business needs.
- Able to exhibit a strong sense of urgency in exceeding company goals and objectives.
- Thrive within an environment that has undergone business and leadership transformation.
- Desire to build unconventional world-class programs.
- Strategic ability to leading resources management, including organizational and cultural development.
- Develop meaningful relationships throughout the organization as well as HR. Ability to provide direct leadership across the entire spectrum of HR service needs (i.e. executive leadership to hourly employees).
- Able to accurately diagnose organizational needs in conjunction with the political aptitude for gaining support with clearly defined goals.
- Responsible for activities related to the development and oversight of company policy and procedure.
- Must be able to be decisive and logical in evaluating and analyzing situations.
- Ideal candidate will have 12 years prior HR experience with at least 7 years leading the HR function.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision making abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including ability to give direct and honest insights.
- Experience managing within a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record successfully developing and implementing programs in all facets of an organization.
Pacific Sunwear - 2 years ago
Pacific Sunwear of California (PacSun) knows that teens aspire to the "swag" of the board sports world. The company operates...