Reporting to the EVP Marketing & Communications, the VP, Marketing will lead the marketing efforts of our groundbreaking undergraduate initiative -Semester Online. Specifically, the VP, Marketing will: |
- Lead the development of all brand positioning, messaging and creative for Semester Online.
- Ensure consistent brand expression through all consumer touch points.
- Develop and lead implementation of marketing plans to build brand awareness and affinity for Semester Online B2B and B2C target audiences.
- Work with 2U lead generation and student recruitment teams to develop and implement enrollment and recruiting strategies for Semester Online.
- Help establish, develop and manage the Semester Online marketing team.
- Lead all consumer insights and market research efforts.
- Ensure that best-of-class project management practices are employed to deliver all marketing communications within strategy, budget and deadline.
- Develop, optimize and track annual brand marketing budget.
- Build relationships across marketing teams and engage with other sales and marketing functions on brand initiatives.
- Monitor the higher education marketing environment to best serve the objectives of our partner programs.
The selected candidate must thrive on constant change, posses an entrepreneurial spirit, be a high-energy leader, and be goal-oriented.
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- Bachelors degree required (emphasis in business/marketing a plus); MBA preferred.
- 8 years marketing experience.
- Experience marketing to college students required.
- Strong sense for youth culture and the entertainment landscape for 18-24 year olds.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work in complex, collaborative environments.
- Experience working with national brands in a corporate marketing department or agency setting required.
- Strong experience in digital marketing.
- Experience leading consumer insights and market research projects.
- Dynamic leadership skills with proven experience developing team members skills and grooming them for career advancement.
- Strong process orientation with the ability to develop and implement best practices and share learning across a diverse marketing organization.
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to find creative, unorthodox solutions when needed.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to make intuitive and thoughtful decisions.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
About 2U, Inc.
2U, Inc., formerly known as 2tor, Inc., partners with top-tier colleges and universities to deliver rigorous, selective graduate degree and undergraduate for-credit programs online. Founded in 2008 by John Katzman and a team of education veterans, the company provides universities with the technologies, infrastructural support and capital they need to transform their on-campus programs into high-quality, web-based programs. 2U is one of the highest-funded education technology start-ups in the United States. 2U has partnered with prestigious colleges and research universities to deliver the following groundbreaking online programs:
- USC Rossier Online: Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Arts in Teaching –TESOL and Masters of Education in Advanced Instruction from the University of Southern California Rossier School of Education
- MSW@USC: Master of Social Work (MSW) from the University of Southern California School of Social Work
- Nursing@Georgetown: Master of Science Degree in Nursing from Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies
- MBA@UNC: Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School
- MPA@UNC: Master of Public Administration (MPA) from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Government
- @WashULaw: Master of Laws (LL.M.) in U.S. Law from Washington University School of Law
- MPH@GW: Master of Public Health (MPH) in International and Rural Health from the George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services
About Semester Online
Semester Online is the first-of-its-kind program to offer for-credit undergraduate courses through a consortium of top-tier universities that includes Duke University, Emory University, Northwestern University, Rice University, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, University of Notre Dame, University of Rochester, Vanderbilt University, Wake Forest University and Washington University in St. Louis. In partnership with 2U, formerly known as 2tor, Semester Online offers rigorous, online, for-credit courses to college students from anywhere in the world. For more information, please visit semesteronline.org.
And if youre ready to help our team (www.2U.com/team) build the next great movement in higher education, consider joining us (www.2U.com/careers).
Why Its Great to Join Our Team
There are plenty of reasons, but here are a few:
Benefits – at 2U we offer a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and 401k. We also offer paid time off and company holidays. Thats not all! Employees receive a 100% paid tuition benefit for themselves, their spouse and their legal dependants.
Our Culture – We are a highly energetic, innovative start-up company with room to grow. We dont take ourselves too seriously, and strive to maintain a casual, professional and highly productive work environment for our team. 2U employees enjoy many perks, including the ability to wear jeans to work every day.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2Us equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay, and dismissal.
CareerBuilder - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard