Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, the Vice President of Marketing is responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined marketing strategy in a manner that supports consistent business growth and enhances brand awareness. In this position, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, training and managing the global marketing functions to achieve the company objectives of sales, growth, profitability and visibility while ensuring a consistent marketing message and positions consistent with the corporate direction. In this role, you will be responsible for F5’s global strategy for field, channel and solutions marketing.
In this position, you will be expected to:
- Create, manage, coordinate and execute all marketing strategies and implement tactical plans that meet and exceed company expectations.
- Develop unique value propositions, business partners, category management, as well as call-to-action oriented advertising targeted toward key customer segments that increases brand awareness
- Lead and manage direct marketing, advertising, online marketing, event marketing and internal creative services as it relates to F5’s global field, channel and solutions marketing strategy.
- Analyze, evaluate, plan and execute on both existing and potential marketing activities and strategies. Develop benchmark criteria to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs. Your ability to demonstrate the ROI of marketing efforts will be a key measurement of your success.
- Conduct and analyze market research to determine competitiveness
- Coach, mentor and raise the team’s ability to deliver and exceed expectations while creating opportunities for succession talent
- Develop and key messaging and presentations materials for senior management. Your ability to work with, and gain the confidence of, F5’s executive leadership team will instrumental to your success in the position.
- Prepare and analyze economic trends, buying habits and the demographic characteristics of consumers, their tastes and preferences for company products and those of competitors
- Work closely with Product Development, Product Management, Sales, Channel Sales and Business Development and other Senior Executives to create demand and recognition for the F5 and the products
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Management duties include the supervision of exempt and/or nonexempt level staff. This includes but is not limited to, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance improvement plans, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
- 15+ years with 7 years in progressive Marketing roles at the senior management level in high tech
- 5+ years in a strong leadership/management role
- BA BS degree in business (marketing, communications or related area), MBA preferred
- Experience managing marketing programs and channel marketing is preferred
- A track record of performance excellence meeting targets and objectives
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 25% of the time spent traveling.
F5 Networks - 21 months ago
While you may not know it, you’re likely using F5 solutions in some of your daily activities, including online banking, trading...