Blackhawk Network is a leading provider of prepaid and financial payments products for consumers and businesses worldwide. The company’s Gift Card Mall™ offers the industry’s most popular prepaid gift card and telecom products. Gift Card Mall reaches more than 165 million people each week through an exclusive network of leading grocery, big box, convenience, drug and specialty stores as well as through online Internet retailers such as Amazon and Blackhawk’s GiftCardMall.com. Blackhawk also sells reward and incentive fulfillment programs to businesses based on its wide array of branded gift cards and custom designed Visa and MasterCard cards.
Headquartered in Pleasanton, California, Blackhawk Network, Inc. has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, France and the United Kingdom. For more information about Blackhawk Network visit www.blackhawknetwork.com and www.giftcardmall.com
We are looking for a CPA with strong technical aptitude and excellent interpersonal and communication skills to lead the Accounting Operations and Settlement Operations teams. This position reports to the Corporate Controller/CAO. Accounting Operations support the settlement of card transactions representing over 8 billion gift card activations annually, and Settlement Operations is responsible for the systems, processes and controls around transferring these dollars between retail distribution partners and content providers. The Operations Controller coordinates between the headquarters staff and a Phoenix-based shared services center. The Operations Controller will work closely with the business in planning, designing and implementing new product initiatives, on-boarding new partners and the development of enhanced business processes. The position will require approximately 25% travel to Phoenix, AZ.
- Oversee the Settlement Operations team which includes transaction settlement and reconciliation, billing and support, partner support and program management
- Direct and oversee the Accounting Operations team including the functional areas of AR, AP, cash, T&E and international accounting support
- Design, development and implementation of process improvements
- Partner across the organization to drive overall success in planning, designing and implementing new products and the on-boarding of new partners.
- Own and drive financial metrics, budget vs. actual reviews, operational dashboards
- This position requires 12-15 years in a senior accounting and financial operations management role. CPA with a “Big 4” public accounting firm a huge plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead a high achieving accounting and settlement team in a rapidly growing and frequently changing environment.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with team members and business partners.
- Strong business focus with ability to effectively move between the accounting requirements and the broader objectives of helping to grow the business
- Extensive experience in implementing continuous process improvements.
- SOX controls design, implementation and compliance oversight experience.
- Multi-national company experience, including exposure to set up of global accounting and reporting systems a plus.
- Experience in financial services and/or payment processing industries is desirable.
Blackhawk Network - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -