VP, Product Management (Audible)
Are you a leader in product management? Do you have the capability to develop innovative ideas, convincing others to support your idea and bring them to market?
As a VP, Product Management with Audible (a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon), you will provide hands-on leadership to a team of Product Managers and Sr. Product Managers to drive the product strategy, roadmap and launch of new products globally. You will be a key player in helping accelerate the growth of Audible - an already successful franchise within Amazon. Your overarching focus will be on bringing innovative product ideas to market via technology - with a relentless focus on the customer. You bring strong product oriented thinking combined with communication, analytical and leadership skills.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Establish and drive the overall product strategy and vision for e-commerce functions at Audible.
- Define and manage the product roadmap, setting and continuously managing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders including the senior leadership team.
- Work closely with business groups (marketing, merchandising), engineering, finance, design, program management, legal and other internal teams to deliver products globally.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the organization’s ability to meet its strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Staff and lead a team of world-class product managers, providing guidance and direction to achieve the product vision in both US and international markets (both existing and emerging).
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Intellectual thought leadership to the Product Management function, drive with rigor the product development process in a results oriented partnership model (a blend of team & results orientation).
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Superior verbal and written communications skills.
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired as is bringing customer oriented products to market.
- Partner with product and technical managers (both within Audible and with Amazon teams) to identify and influence development of new products, features, and functionalities.
- Write market, functional and system requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business and development teams
- Create and maintain sequencing of projects, prioritization and tradeoffs vis-à-vis short-term and longer-term strategic goals.
- Demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others. Work with other business partners to perform deep data driven analysis of businesses to surface actionable insights and product requirements; drive the implementation of recommendations derived from analysis into product features.
· Dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
· 10+ years’ experience in related positions with increasing responsibility.
· Experience identifying, hiring and leading world-class talent.
- 5+ years of experience in mass market consumer focused e-commerce / software / wireless / software product management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Experience managing and leading a team to meet aggressive goals with high judgment applied on how products are built.
- BA/BS required (preferably in a computer science related disciple)
- A demonstrated record of partnering with teams across the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals
- A knowledge and/or understanding of Web, Mobile applications, platforms with a global view.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical and non-technical employees.
MBA / related credentials are strongly preferred.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...