Deem, Inc. delivers Commerce-as-a-Service to businesses enabling them to save, sell and syndicate resulting in lower costs, increased revenue and enhanced customer loyalty. Over the past year, more than $6.5 billion of relevant commerce transactions occurred across Deem. Deem is headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
The Vice President of Sales and Business Development for the Offers line of business will have primary responsibility for building a robust sales pipeline and closing deals to drive revenue from new partnerships.
- Leverage personal and Deem colleagues’ networks to open doors and quickly build sales leads and a robust pipeline of qualified and active prospects.
- Determine the end to end business development and sales strategy for the current deals and offers line of business, including prospecting criteria for qualifying leads, pitch strategy and materials across the sales cycle, sales forecasting and tracking, and closing the sale through a smooth transition to the implementation and partner management teams.
- Work with product and engineering to become a technically proficient in Deem products and services and feedback market information to help develop new products and features based on the needs of the market.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Delivery, Legal, and Finance to create and present business cases to ensure profitable and successful deployments of new partners.
- 10+ years experience in Sales and Business Development expertise in a web based and mobile product with relevant experience in performance based advertising.
- Proven track record to open doors, qualify leads quickly and close the sale.
- Proactive, decisive leader who takes initiative and demonstrates a high level of accountability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- BA/BS required.
- Extensive sales and business development experience with a proven track record of qualifying leads and closing deals preferably in the consumer web and mobile space.
- Sales experience in business to business to consumer, online/mobile performance based advertising and/or commerce are a plus.
- Ability to assess prospect needs and facilitate a consultative sales approach across all levels of an organization.
- Effective communication skills in a diverse environment.
- Ability to communicate with and maintain the confidence of prospects, partners, employees, investors and other stakeholders.
- Proactive leader with the ability to create a high-energy, accountable environment to which high performers gravitate.
- A history of providing decisive direction with both the flexibility to adjust strategy as required and the perseverance to stay the course in order to accomplish the plan.
- A demonstrated penchant for creativity, innovation, and transformation.
- Comfortable with excitement around rapid growth and transformation of a company in a potential high-growth stage.
- Hungry with a high motivation and true passion to build a world class, high quality company and deliver value to customers.
- Partner mindset that allows this executive to work closely with internal and external executives to identify market opportunities and develop strategies to exploit the opportunities
- High energy, self-starter who sets aggressive goals and is driven to succeed both personally and professionally; focused on productivity; deeply committed to quality, integrity and teamwork.
- Commanding presence and gravitas to establish and maintain top-to-top relationships with excellent written and oral communication and presentation abilities.
- Humility and resilience to be able to work through all levels of an organization to get a deal done.
- Excellent at relationship building; dynamic, proactive; resilient; positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
- A visionary who can communicate a vision and lead people to execute on this vision.
- Has the credibility and strength of conviction to act decisively without consensus when necessary. Holds people accountable; proactively addresses, and is able to solve conflicts.
- Has experience with market uncertainties; can weather a storm and not overreact to short-term market changes or business challenges.