This position provides leadership, accountability and direction to the Sales, Marketing, Revenue Management, E-commerce and Call Center teams of CSM Lodging. Accountable to develop, implement and continually update a comprehensive Sales & Marketing strategy for CSM Lodging. This position provides marketing and public relations support to CSM Corporate and Commercial departments. This incumbent participates as a member of CSM Lodging’s Executive Leadership team in establishing strategy and tactics to ensure the growth and profitability of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sales Management: Develop, execute and track overall sales and marketing programs and processes for CSM’s portfolio of existing and new hotels. Ensures that communication of strategies is consistent yet flexible to adapt to changing market conditions, and that plans for implementation are clear and include solid measurements and accountability. Ensures sales teams are properly deployed based on market conditions. Accountable for developing and managing budgets and manages goal-setting and reporting processes. Visits properties for evaluation, troubleshooting, sales leadership, training and support. Champions sales results with monthly and quarterly tracking, sales commission plans, and other incentive programs.
2. Revenue/Yield Management: Provides leadership, coaching and overall direction to ensure effective revenue management. Trains and coaches regional and property-level management on a continuous basis to maximize revenue.
3. E- Commerce: Develops and manages OTA / Opaque market mix, optimization and strategies.
4. Marketing Management: Analyzes the effectiveness of marketing strategies and systems and directs the sales function to capitalize on opportunities. Assists properties in identifying opportunities and industry trends, and provides clear direction on correct positioning to take advantage of them. Sets direction for and tracks success of all advertising and promotions to ensure consistency, quality, and cost-effectiveness. Supports marketing efforts for Commercial Properties. Oversee photography and company photo management.
5. Public Relations Representation: Responsible for a proactive approach to secure positive public relations and media coverage for CSM and CSM Lodging. Coordinates all public relations activities. Acts as a liaison and provide direction to outside PR agency. Lead monthly PR meetings to gather input and oversee external resource to execute plan. Ensure that CSM is nominated and recognized with various industry awards.
6. Corporate Communications: Support internal communication efforts (CSM Connects meetings, CSM Connects e-newsletters). Oversee the development and maintenance of the CSM Corporate website. Assist in the development of logos and branding messages for various corporate entities.
7. Franchisor Relations: Works closely with other functions to ensure that consistent direction is provided and sets an example of teamwork for hotels. Serves as a primary contact with franchisors on sales and marketing matters. Maintains industry contacts and networks professionally. Effectively represents CSM Lodging’s senior leadership to Franchisors.
8. People Management: Provides overall leadership to the sales and marketing function to include design of a solid structure; recruitment and selection of talented staff. Ensures that training and development processes are effective and aligned with business goals and priorities. Evaluates staff performance and takes appropriate corrective action and coaching as needed to hold employees accountable. Motivates staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing employees.
9. Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attends all position related meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs. Adheres to all CSM Standard Operating Procedures.
10. Staff Development & General Leadership Functions: Selects, coaches & provides ongoing feedback to staff to result in a motivated and productive workforce, ensuring high work quality and customer service. Serves as a member of the leadership team for CSM, making and implementing recommendations for development of the organization.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 15 years of diverse and transferable experience in hospitality sales/marketing management covering a broad spectrum of products and markets (including full-service properties).
• Experience in related brands (Marriott®, Hilton®, Starwood®, IHG®)
• Demonstrated expertise in deployed sales, marketing, revenue maximization, strategic planning and strong motivational and leadership abilities.
• High level of interpersonal and organizational skills required, as well as demonstrated resourcefulness and overall leadership qualities.
• Experience with Delphi/DMPE and web administrative tools
• Ability to travel up to 50% of time.
CSM Corporation - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard