POSITION SUMMARY: The Vice President, Sales will lead the General Licensing sales team -a group of 50+ full and part-time employees. She/he will be responsible for all new license sales across 40+ categories to individual licensees as well as chain accounts. The successful candidate will innovate by, among other things, creating new revenue streams and identifying revenue opportunities for existing license categories. He/she will be an expert in BMI's business and understand and teach the value of the copyrights we represent. This leader will identify new and creative means for reaching decision makers, lessening sales time and commensurately increasing sales revenue. The candidate will break ground at BMI by introducing new and more efficient means of doing business from both a technology and business process flow standpoint.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions listed here may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the entire General Licensing sales team.
- Provides strong leadership of, and motivation to, General Licensing's sales professionals through intelligent, charismatic communication and a "hands on" approach.
- Will introduce and manage best in class sales strategies, including the successful implementation of top-tier technological tools for sales productivity.
- Works closely with the Vice President, Operations and Vice President, Industry Relations to collaborate on sales and lead generation strategies and sales performance analysis.
- Develops and implements strategies, processes and ideas to drive revenue growth in the most efficient, cost effective way.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance functions of this job.
- Will work with the already strong sales team with the goal of creatively and strategically augmenting the team as appropriate in the future.
- Work with senior management to develop long term business strategies.
- Works with the entire Licensing team to develop new licenses and rates to respond to market trends.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the functions of this job.
- Sitting, talking, hearing, walking.
- Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand-eye coordination.
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches B corrected or uncorrected.
- Generally negligible physical effort, but occasional moving of 1 to 10 lb. items.
Normal office conditions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Experience: Minimum of 10-15 years steadily progressing experience leading and scaling small to mid-sized sales organizations. Sales experience within the hospitality industry. Experience working with commercial music services. Understanding of copyright law. Experience selling to retail establishments.
Skills and Abilities listed here may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- A proven sales leader possessing deep experience with CRM platforms, preferably cloud-based.
- An intuitive thinker who has a track record of developing innovative ideas to elevate sales performance.
- A confident leader with a passion for growing businesses and driving organizational change.
- A technologically savvy manager who has successfully introduced and implemented digital sales tools, including tablets and mobile sales applications.
A person of the highest personal and professional integrity, credibility and a proven track record of success.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills (one-on-one and to groups), as well as first class collaborative and relationship building skills.
- Superior motivation skills demonstrated by a history of leading sales forces with quantifiable successes.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, exceedingly detail-oriented and an astute executive whose aggressiveness and energy will be coupled with a strong team orientation.
- Experience developing and implementing eCommerce strategies.
- The ability to successfully manage internal relationships within the company to ensure that proper administration, billings, music use reporting and account maintenance are performed by the proper shared service departments.
- A collaborative mentor, who is an excellent coach and an analytical individual possessive of competitive drive and vision.
- An individual who is adept at making tough calls and seeing the future of the business and what needs to change well in advance.
- A visionary leader who embraces new ideas and processes with a keen marketing sense.
- A passionate individual who will settle for nothing short of success.
- Personal computer and associated software
- Normal office equipment
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
"Commonly associated" is not intended to mean always or only.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Broadcast Music, Inc - 21 months ago