The Senior Credit Analyst is expected to complete the
necessary due diligence in evaluating proposed
investment opportunities. This includes independently
reviewing, analyzing, modeling, underwriting and
documenting assigned transactions within the
CapitalSource Corporate Asset Finance Division. The
Senior Credit Analyst should strive to build and
maintain strong working relationships with all internal
and external clients to ensure open communication and
understanding of continuing operating performance and
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential
transactions including identifying key risks,
- Recommend approval or rejection of potential
appropriate structures and presenting and/or
defending transaction rationale.
Credit Committee Memorandums utilizing the
- Produce and deliver clear, concise, and thorough
appropriate format in accordance with all
CapitalSource Credit Policies.
origination process including: colleagues,
- Interact and provide support for all aspects of the
customers, legal counsel, and other outside
and closing process. This includes assisting in the
- Provide support for all aspects of the documentation
preparation and negotiation of documentation to
protect CapitalSource’s investment and ensuring the
transaction is closed and booked in accordance with
the terms and conditions of the credit approval.
activities including financial statement reviews,
- Assist as necessary with ongoing account management
covenant evaluation, follow-ups, and other
interactions as necessary.
Education and Experience
approximately 6 years underwriting experience in
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with
business value and/or asset based lending
transactions (MBA a plus).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation
evaluate and value assets using various financial
- Strong analytical skills including ability to
tools and software.
documentation, and the ability to negotiate with
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with secured loan and lease
experience with T-value and/or SuperTrump.
- Familiarity with loan and lease pricing, including
- Experience with senior management and sophisticated
- Self-Starter with an ability to operate with minimal
volume of workflow.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle an uneven
CapitalSource Bank - 18 months ago