We are currently seeking a VP, Shopper Strategist who would be based in our dynamic New York City office (located in the Tribeca/Soho area at 250 Hudson Street).
The VP, Shopper Strategist is responsible for creating and implementing shopper-driven strategies that raise the level of agency work across our clients’ brands while creating more relationship value for the agency . This role requires that to capitalize on opportunities arising from the actionable shopper insights you deliver via new methodologies, approaches and original thinking. You will use your objectivity, specialized research knowledge, understanding of the brands, shopper vs. consumer, channel, and retail environment to focus the activity of cross-functional account teams. You get business, you are full of ideas and you are clear in articulating them for mutual benefit to both agency and clients. Accounts include Coca-Cola, Kraft, William Grant and Constellation.
ABOUT MOMENTUM WORLDWIDE
- With the support of Account Management, understand client needs and assess agency capabilities to ensure alignment and delivery of relevant shopper solutions that drive client results, continued partnering, and agency revenue (this speaks to the role as shopper marketer as well as understanding the selling environment and client needs)
- Lead the strategic development of shopper marketing programs/platforms, tools & retail environmental design projects
- Deliver high quality, objective and actionable research and insights to guide shopper marketing initiatives
- Develop a hypothesis driven approach to solving complex business issues in collaboration with key team members
- Provide thought leadership on areas to enrich shopper knowledge
- Partner with clients and account management to identify shopper marketing business opportunities, challenges, and solution options to jointly develop annual shopper marketing plans
- Drive and Steward new up-stream shopper thought-ware and tools designed to build agency/team capabilities, expertise, and client value
- Translate Insights into Action to optimize the impact of shopper insights while working closely with the creative team in the development of effective promotional activities.
- Develop appropriate metrics to measure results
- Capably handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Lead and direct most qualitative & quantitative initiatives across the Shopper Marketing Team to ensure understanding, alignment, and deliverables
- Work closely with the existing team members who are managing and coordinating the current research initiatives
- Generate minimum of one white paper each year to publish and distribute through relevant media
- Contribute to the global development of Tap white papers
Momentum Worldwide (www.momentumww.com ) is in the business of co-creating. We co-create with brands and people — instead of for people — to entertain, to connect, to inform, and to provide experiences that are worth sharing. We partner the world’s best brands with the brightest talents on events, sponsorships, promotions, strategy, advertising, shopper marketing, music, entertainment, social media, content, design and beyond. Our approach to marketing values authentic stories and engagements above all else. Part of the Interpublic Group of Companies (NYSE: IPG), we operate in more than 50 countries for partners including American Express, Coca-Cola, Kraft, Microsoft, William Grant & Sons, Subway and many more.
Minimum 10 years research, strategy & insight development experience within a marketing/advertising agency/client including understanding of Shopper and Consumer Segmentation, Need States & Occasions, Trip Missions, Shopper Scorecards and Dashboards, CCRM, etc. Advanced Analytics knowledge is a plus.
Digitally inclined understanding the connections between purchase and online, mobile, and social.
Demonstrated ability to be an effective contributor in a cross-functional team environment
Currently working as and a minimum 5 years’ experience in a shopper capacity; experience of working with retail brands and/or retailer trade and marketing teams
Hands-on qualitative research expertise and or ethnography experience (conducting and/or commissioning), as well as understanding additional shopper methodologies and tools
Ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and demonstrate an intuitive ability to discern what is important. Strong foundation of business and retailer understanding
Strong interest in digital & social media and its evolving role within the Shopper’s Journeys and their Path to Purchase
Experience in the use and development of quantitative research methodologies
Strong analytical, presentation and listening skills
Confidence and credibility to hold high-level strategic discussions with senior executives internally and at client level
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
A proven collaborator who is solution oriented, organized and detail–oriented
Creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning
Self-motivated, high energy individual who can function in a high demand, performance driven environment
Possess an entrepreneurial spirit with comfort for ambiguity
Momentum Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, sexual orientation or sexual preference, national origin, religion, marital status, type of military discharge, or other legally protected categories as set forth in the applicable state, federal or local laws.
Subsidiaries of this company come between brands and the general public. The Interpublic Group of Companies is one of the world's...