The VP Strategic Sales leads an innovative and dynamic sales organization that is dedicated to serving design and construction professionals, government agencies, industry associations and adjacent market professionals with its unique portfolio of business information and media offerings. The role is responsible for the vision, strategy, and delivery of revenue for strategic accounts, defined as those with $20,000 in annual billings. The candidate will manage teams in 7 regions, MHC Media sales including digital and events, and sales operations. This role is responsible for strategic sales training, forecasting, account management, and industry partnerships.
- Oversight for strategic, media/events sales and product partners to achieve overall P&L accountability for MHC revenues.
- Guide the development of strategic sales plans, objectives, and action plans.
- Strengthen our sales organization in capabilities and solution oriented selling. Accelerate our new business growth and prospecting goals while maintaining our strong customer renewals add-a-brand and account service.
- Develop and train a high performing team including setting performance objectives, providing customer connections, support and guidance. Also serve as a role model and empower leaders to make decisions that will help grow the business.
- Effectively influence within a matrix organization with key functional areas such as editorial, operations, technology, marketing and product development to drive initiatives.
- Refine customer reporting, sales operations, and financial reports to manage the business and communicate monthly results.
- Build domain knowledge and trusted relationships with key industry players and maintain coverage of key customer account relationships. Represent MHC as an industry Thought Leader (spokes person at key industry events).
- Demonstrate a global perspective to drive growth for customer segments across international initiatives.
- As member of the management team, identify, evaluate and recommend acquisition opportunities, joint ventures and new business alliances that can expedite growth in the construction industry.
- Meet with customer and industry players to build relationships, understand their needs, and guide the development of customer focused solutions.
- Create frameworks and drive improved alignment, responsiveness, and service to McGraw-Hill Construction customer channels.
- Must possess strong business acumen and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Experience managing a P&L within a comparable size revenue company.
- Proven ability on improving revenue performance and NOI.
- Proven ability for developing talent within a large high performing team in collaboration with functional leaders within a matrix organization.
- Experience within the construction industry or b-to-b data, analytics, or research driven industry.
- Experience managing a portfolio of customer segment products.
- Proven strategic player; ability to create “out of the box” thinking across the customer segments.
- Executive presence and strong ability to effectively influence within a matrix organization.
- Results driven individual with strong sales leadership experience.
- Ability to define, develop and communicate growth strategy and vision throughout the organization. Highly developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to interact with industry leaders and internal senior management.
- Travel frequently to meet with key customers, industry players, and key leaders across the organization.
- MBA preferred.
Regular full-time employees of McGraw Hill Financial routinely receive the following benefits:
About the Company
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
- 401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
- Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
McGraw-Hill Construction is North America's leading provider of project and product information, plans and specifications, and industry news, trends and forecasts . McGraw-Hill Construction serves more than one million customers within the global construction community, connecting people, projects and products across the construction industry through Dodge, Sweets, Architectural Record, Engineering News-Record, GreenSource, and regional publications. In print, online, and through events, MHC offers a variety of tools, applications, and resources that embed in the workflow of our customers.
Working at McGraw-Hill Construction, a division of McGraw Hill Financial, you’ll be at the nexus of an industry that helps shape the world we live in. From the importance of rebuilding of cities and countries after natural disasters to the implications of green design and construction techniques, we’re embedded in every aspect of the industry. Working for McGraw-Hill Construction means you’ll provide people with the information and intelligence they need to be more productive, successful, and competitive.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
Job ID :
Posted On :
McGraw Hill Construction
New York, NY US
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....