VP, Strategy & Product Marketing
Molecular Devices, LLC provides one of the widest ranges of bioanalytical systems for life science and drug discovery research available from a single supplier. Our systems are built on proprietary technology platforms that deliver high performance, flexibility, and reliability. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose - to be our customers' first choice for innovative systems, tools, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery.
The Vice President, Strategy and Product Marketing will be responsible for driving the annual iteration of the company strategy and developing the product roadmaps to support that strategy. In addition, this role will be responsible for exploring open innovation and acquisition opportunities in support of the company strategy. Reporting to this position will be a team of Product Directors/Managers, Applications Scientists and a Manager Business Development.
* Develop and drive the growth agenda of Molecular Devices
* Lead and facilitate annual strategic planning process
* Lead organic business development (partnerships, OEM, Open innovation) and support in-organic growth in business development (potential acquisitions, partnerships and alliances).
* Build and execute annual and long-term product plans and roadmaps for each product line.
* Develop and execute VOC and market research
* Track competitors and develop offensive and defensive response programs
* Work closely with VP, Product Development on developing and delivering new products to market
* Develop Product pricing strategies to increase share and profitability
* Build and execute the Demand Creation Programs to ensure we get our full share potential of our product lines.
* Execute world-class new product launches
* Develop communications and advertising programs
* Work with commercial leaders to create sales promotion programs
* Develop and deliver product training, positioning and value selling
* Deep life sciences domain expertise gained through studies, drug development or bioresearch laboratory experience and/or relevant commercial experience in the life sciences sector.
* Demonstrated results in gaining share
* Record of winning products using VOC and successful launches to the market
* History of creating effective go-to-market programs (aka demand creation) to fuel sales growth for existing products
* Fact based research and analysis of market, competitor and customer data
* Segmentation leading to competitive advantage in product and go-to-market strategy
* Strategic pricing experience
* Track record of identifying, cultivating and structuring complex deals
* Proven track record buiding, leading, motivating and developing teams
* Experience with direct sales and support organizations in multiple technology platforms
* Experience marketing Life Sciences or scientific testing equipment and/or consummables
* Minimum BS (preference Biology/Science or Engineering); MBA preferred
* Action and results oriented - demonstrated
* Analytical/Management by fact
* Strong intellect
* Process oriented / Sustainment thinker
* Competitive edge but non-political
* Strong team player
* Customer focused
* Sense of urgency
* Adaptive to change
* Strong communication skills
* Quality first
Molecular Devices is part of the Life Sciences & Diagnostics segment of Danaher Corporation. Danaher is a science and technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our premier brands are among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. The Danaher Business System provides a foundation to our 59,000 associates around the world, serving customers in more than 125 countries. In 2012, we generated $18.26 billion of revenue. For more information please visit our website:
North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale
Danaher - 6 months ago