The Techops planning team at salesforce.com is delivering plans to be executed by the overall Techops delivery teams. The Techops planning team covers capacity planning, financial planning and Techops long-range business planning. The team is comprised of strong team members who thrive in a fast-paced, bottoms-up environment. In this key role, you will lead and manage a team of approximately 10+ team members who are highly collaborative. You must be able to foster innovation and to demonstrate strong business acumen and technical depth in order to successfully deliver and support your team in delivering in an agile, dynamic environment and helping drive data-driven decisions across all of Techops. You should have a strong sense of personal accountability and be excited by the challenge of working in a scalable, innovative environment.
The ideal candidate must have proven record of success working in a blended Agile and waterfall environment. They must also possess excellent communication and people management skills, have an extensive background in both financial and capacity planning as well as the ability to drive key dates for long-range business planning within the overall Techops team.This candidate must have the ability to drive decisions, and enjoy working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment. In this role, strong infrastructure, software development, and operations experience are a must.
─ Engage and inspire direct reports
- Strong Leadership & People Management
─ Develop talent such that the team achieves their full potential
─ Prioritize work effectively and coach to optimize overall team results
─ Provide leadership, transparency and visibility to the entire Technology & Products organization
─ Develop strong partnerships with Product, Business and functional leaders to drive focus on strategic program business objectives and optimize program throughput
─ Ability to partner and to collaborate with people at all levels – individual engineers, managers, executives
─ Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to team development.
─ Able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment
─ Experience with creating and presenting financial cost analysis for major projects
- Strong (Financial, Capacity and Long-range Business) Planning Background
─ Understanding of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and how to bridge between these methodologies
─ Sell values to core teams to enable them to successfully deliver business objectives for large complex, cross-functional programs
─ Translate business objectives into execution strategy (tactical and strategic), lead and successfully execute the strategy through strong collaboration and agile leadership
─ Create a collaborative environment that fosters creativity, innovation and learning; promote continuous improvement through process engineering and data-driven decision-making
─ Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent program scrum teams from delivering on program objectives
─ Lead weekly program status meetings to identify and take action on escalations, risks, or concerns
─ As appropriate, define/revamp/implement process improvements in the areas of project and program delivery, resource management, and long-range planning
─ Effectively articulate and understand our infrastructure, technology, processes
- Strong Engineering/Operations Skills
─ Engage effectively in technology discussions
─ Support the development of processes to support scaling our project delivery and operations as needed
─ Provides methodology and directions for mapping out existing processes and re-factor these to optimize for more efficient and scalable approaches
- Strong Process Engineering Skills
─ Identifies areas for improvements and drives towards solutions as it relates to processes
─ Identifies processes in need of technical solutions such as tools or automation and drive projects to help implement improvements
─ Provides tool recommendation to support defined processes and support of planning framework.
- 10+ years as a people manager with a proven track record of building successful, motivated teams and growing team members in their careers
- 6+ years of planning/project/program management experience with a proven track record of delivering business results.
- 6+ years experience in Systems Engineering, Database Administration, Network Operations, and/or software development.
- Proven track record of building motivated, collaborative, and productive teams including remote team members (program or functional)
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and communication skills with a proven track record of forging strong partnerships with other leaders to better enable his/her teams
- Software-as-a-Service, Operations, and Project Delivery experience
- Strong technical knowledge of operating systems, databases, networking
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail-oriented delivery
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
salesforce.com - 2 years ago