Delaware North Companies is one of the world’s leading hospitality and food service providers. The company is one of the largest and most admired privately held companies in the United States with revenues exceeding $2 billion annually and 50,000 associates serving half a billion customers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
Delaware North Companies Parks & Resorts is a leading hospitality provider in Special Places®, with hotel, retail, food service, recreation and transportation operations at historic, scenic and award-winning properties across North America and Australia.
This position is an add to staff to support the growth of Delaware North Companies Parks & Resorts, and will be located at the company's global headquarters in Buffalo, NY.
The VP of Business is responsible for contributing to the overall long-term profitability of the subsidiary by planning, directing overseeing and coordinating policy and strategic develoopment including acquisitions, and management fee contracts. Specifically:
Develops strategies for identifying and contacting potential new business contacts that fit within Subsidiary philosophy and standardized process.
Develop and manage new business development process with current and potential prime accounts.
Develop sales of services by researching and resolving client or potential client problems, recommending modifications to the service and coordinate new business proposals.
Identifying concepts/brands within a specific geographic location by conducting market research. Target potential branded concepts to add to Sub portfolio, contact branded concepts to market DNC. Works to establish brand recognition of DNC.
Identify & certify business strategic partners to align with proposals; strong policital influence.
Develops the bid and strategic alliance processes and ensures proposal completion and submission is done on a timely basis.
- Minimum of 10 years previous sales experience within industry
- Understanding of operations
- Familiar with branded concepts
- Proven track record of working with various partners in and managing client relationships, community relations and industry relationships to effectively manage the brand, as well as play a strategic business partner role within the organization.
- The ability to deliver business results using strong operational and strategic thinking skills, understanding of good business practices and deep understanding of industry and business models.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Experience within a matrix organization where direct and indirect influence is required would be helpful.
- Demonstrates the ability to build strong, positive relationships across businesses and support teams and foster work to common goals. The successful candidate will be capable of identifying and leveraging synergies created by teams.
Delaware North Companies - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -