We are a quickly growing software company serving scientific publishers and researchers, based in Cambridge, MA. In the last 2 years we launched several products under the ReadCube brand. Researchers at thousands of research institutions across the globe are using on our software for easier access to scientific literature and a more comprehensive reading experience. For more details check out ReadCube.
A key part of our business is developing partnerships with publishing companies and creating new products aimed at transforming the way scientific articles are accessed. See recent media coverage for the release of ReadCube Access.
We are looking for a brilliant business mind to work closely with the founders and lead the effort to scale up the company and pursue new business opportunities.
- Together with founders define the company strategy.
- Help grow the company by implementing processes, identifying positions that need to be filled and evaluating prospective hires.
- Analyze market activity and industry trends to provide forecasts based on which to develop the company’s goals and strategies
- Identify, evaluate and pursue new commercial opportunities.
- Coordinate with the development team to prototype solutions based on identified business opportunities.
- Close business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Identify and pursue new strategic partnership.
- Build strong client relationships in the publishing space
We offer a competitive compensation package, equity and benefits plus an opportunity to grow with the company.
- Business mind with a desire to close deals with success stories to demonstrate it
- Bachelors degree; MBA or Ph.D. preferred
- Comfortable in a fast paced, results oriented start-up environment
- Great communications skills
- Very organized, thorough, methodical and you get things done!
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Very comfortable with technology
- Experience with product development
- Executive experience leading teams
- Experience and connections in publishing is a big plus but not a must-have
About Labtiva / ReadCube
We are a small, dynamic team based in Boston and Zagreb. We aim to become the premier online resource for finding and working with academic information, and to establish ourselves as the market-leading information management tool in the life sciences and academia.
We genuinely believe that ReadCube has the potential to change the way researchers work with and get access to scientific literature.
ReadCube - 15 months ago