Assurant is a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and build leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets. The Assurant business units provide debt protection administration; credit-related insurance; warranties and service contracts; pre-funded funeral insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; manufactured housing homeowners insurance; individual health and small employer group health insurance; group dental insurance; group disability insurance; and group life insurance.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $29 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. http://www.assurant.com/ .
Responsible to lead & guide activities around M&A projects from diligence through successful completion of project ensuring alignment with Assurant’s growth strategy both domestically & internationally
Senior level professional responsible for leading M&A projects and helping to execute on Assurant's global M&A strategy. The development, planning, diligence, decisions & integration of potential M&A targets & partnerships in keeping with the overall strategy, vision and growth trajectory of the Organization. Ability to focus on transactions both domestically & internationally.
- Analyzing corporate development opportunities in light of the Company’s strategic and tactical direction
- Contributing to or leading (as appropriate) the valuation discussion in evaluating opportunities
- Working with the business units and corporate teams to decide whether to pursue an opportunity and, if the decision is made to proceed, arrive at the most appropriate structure for any transaction
- Negotiate the transaction
- Ability to prioritize and juggle several key priorities simultaneously
- Work with the rest of the Corporate Development team to ensure that our processes and procedures are best practices
- Work with M&A Sourcing, Asset Management, Legal, HR, Tax, and other Corporate groups to ensure that there is adequate and accurate communication
- Work with business units to build rapport and to ensure the efficiency of the corporate development process
- Work in a highly matrix environment
- Partner with internal & external legal resources to ensure government compliance as appropriate
- MBA or other equivalent advanced degree or commensurate experience . JD strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years previous experience in acquisition & divestiture environment . Previous experience is banking or corporate business development strongly preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively across a wide range of disciplines
- Goal oriented but able to work within a team to ensure success
- Ability to understand, analyze, and contribute to the modeling of complex financial data and translate that data. Must be fluent in Excel
- Communication skills – oral and written a requirement. Fluency in Power Point is required
- Ability to influence without direct authority especially with C-Suite leadership
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to make decisions, & implement them and execute authority
- Structuring and negotiating acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and partnerships
- Travel required: 25-30%, will fluctuate based on deal activity
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), pension, generous paid time off and much more.
Diversity statement and application instructions
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers)
Requisition Number: 32475
Assurant - 14 months ago
Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products and...