Posted Date: 3/28/2012
Manages the personal auto field claims operation and implementing strategic initiatives within the claims organization.
- Oversees the implementation and ongoing management of claims settlement techniques, best practices, strategies and guidelines for Esurance to facilitate and support of customer service excellence.
- Continually reviews claims operation to ensure that processes are utilized to achieve optimal performance and conforms to industry best practices.
- Provides subject matter expertise on high exposure losses, and maintain channels of communication with the Product Management community in order to support Esurance's core business practices.
- Recommends strategic actions according to trend analysis reports specific to the jurisdiction.
- Manages the performance of each claim office or region according to the established key claims metrics; works closely with local management to develop initiatives to improve performance as noted.
- Ensures there are proper claims resources within each operation and deploy these resources according to business planning efforts.
- Develops and executes on plans relating to the opening of additional claim offices to support the expected growth rate.
- Collaborates with HR and Claims management to foster a positive employee environment that is receptive to change.
- Responsible for the employment, promotion, associate performance evaluation, training, motivation, counseling, and discipline of assigned associates.
- Participates in the establishment of department goals and for implementing procedures and performance standards to achieve these goals; Manages, coordinates, monitors and evaluates the activities of department staff directly or through subordinate supervisors.
- Prepares reports and documentation concerning departmental activities.
- Participates in the establishment of department goals and for implementing procedures and performance standards to achieve these goals.
- Manage assigned department budget and spending at or below plan.
Experience / Education:
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, management, and leadership skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Demonstrated knowledge with claims technology and leading industry practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education required; MBA/Master preferred.
- Ten or more years of experience with claims management required.
- Three or more years of direct supervision of employees required.
- Experience in multi-state claims jurisdictions.In addition to career advancement opportunities and a fun work culture, Esurance offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision care and supplemental life insurance benefits for you and your family, a competitive compensation package along with a Performance Bonus, company matching 401(k) plan, and immediate tuition reimbursement from the start of your employment.
Born online, raised by technology, and majoring in efficiency, Esurance specializes in bringing a modern-world approach to insurance. Backed...