Posted Date: 3/28/2012
Manages the personal auto field claims operation and implementing strategic initiatives within the claims organization.
- Oversees the implementation and ongoing management of claims settlement techniques, best practices, strategies and guidelines for Esurance to facilitate and support of customer service excellence.
- Continually reviews claims operation to ensure that processes are utilized to achieve optimal performance and conforms to industry best practices.
- Provides subject matter expertise on high exposure losses, and maintain channels of communication with the Product Management community in order to support Esurance's core business practices.
- Recommends strategic actions according to trend analysis reports specific to the jurisdiction.
- Manages the performance of each claim office or region according to the established key claims metrics; works closely with local management to develop initiatives to improve performance as noted.
- Ensures there are proper claims resources within each operation and deploy these resources according to business planning efforts.
- Develops and executes on plans relating to the opening of additional claim offices to support the expected growth rate.
- Collaborates with HR and Claims management to foster a positive employee environment that is receptive to change.
- Responsible for the employment, promotion, associate performance evaluation, training, motivation, counseling, and discipline of assigned associates.
- Participates in the establishment of department goals and for implementing procedures and performance standards to achieve these goals; Manages, coordinates, monitors and evaluates the activities of department staff directly or through subordinate supervisors.
- Prepares reports and documentation concerning departmental activities.
- Participates in the establishment of department goals and for implementing procedures and performance standards to achieve these goals.
- Manage assigned department budget and spending at or below plan.
Experience / Education:
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, management, and leadership skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Demonstrated knowledge with claims technology and leading industry practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education required; MBA/Master preferred.
- Ten or more years of experience with claims management required.
- Three or more years of direct supervision of employees required.
- Experience in multi-state claims jurisdictions.In addition to career advancement opportunities and a fun work culture, Esurance offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision care and supplemental life insurance benefits for you and your family, a competitive compensation package along with a Performance Bonus, company matching 401(k) plan, and immediate tuition reimbursement from the start of your employment.
Born online, raised by technology, and majoring in efficiency, Esurance offers consumers an easier, more modern way to manage insurance....