ADP® advancedmd® is a medical office Software as a Service (SaaS) and a BPO Services business from a globally-trusted company with $10B in revenues and 570,000 clients, including 45,000 physicians. The company is one of the world's largest providers of cloud-based software, including an ONC-ATCB-CCHIT 2011-2012 certified Complete EHR. Integrated practice management and EHR applications are available through a month-to-month subscription. Practices can outsource billing and collection functions via the company's medical billing service. Whether clients choose the company's SaaS based products or the Business Process Outsourcing Services, clients enjoy one of the easiest ways to manage workflows and financial performance with the simplicity of a paperless environment. Today we employ over 400 associates supporting approximately 6,000 clients. ADP advancedmd is expected to grow significantly over the coming years, both organically and through strategic acquisitions.Visit us atwww.advancedmd.com.
The VP Finance is a key, executive-level role responsible for managing and driving business and financial performance for ADP advancedmd. The role will report to the business unit President, and partner extremely closely with the Division CFO and advancedmd's Senior Leadership Team. Responsibilities will include direct management oversight of the ADP advancedmd financial teams responsible for Financial Planning and Analysis, Financial Accounting and Reporting, Order to Cash and advancedmd's Business Information Systems. These functions include strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, preparation of GAAP based financial statements and consolidations, planning and controlling costs in all departments including Sales and R&D and developing models, dashboards and business intelligence to forecast, measure and report business results. The role will manage a team of ~20 people (5-6 direct reports) located in South Jordan, Utah.
Key Focal Points: The key focus of this role will be partnering with the business leaders to drive improved business performance through growth, margin expansion, strategic investments, improving efficiencies and leveraging the scale of the business and to facilitate future growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee financial results and monthly forecasting, create and maintain accurate forecast models and risk/opportunity assessments of the businesses within the portfolio and ensure key stakeholders are constantly informed of our financial position.
- Go further than just analyzing variances, look for trends, opportunities and risks, interpret and communicate these in a concise, succinct manner. Lead key financial processes such as annual operating plan and budgeting, Monthly and Quarterly Financial Reviews to the leadership team and the financial development of both short and long term strategic plans.
- Develop appropriate financial targets and be able to discuss and support these to the Senior Management Team. Take responsibility for the achievement of advancedmd's annual financial targets and goals.
- Maintain an awareness of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their potential impact on the Business's policies and operations and recommends measures to capitalize on, or protect the business from, these changing conditions.
- Oversee preparation of business cases to support key investment decisions, critique assumptions with management and partner to implement as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all ADP financial policies and conventions across the Business Unit, ensuring accurate reporting and communication of financial information and messaging.
- Develop excellent relationships across the wider ADP Corporation, including key players in the Roseland, NJ headquarters and senior financial managers in other ADP Divisions and business units, and the external community.
- Be an agent for change, cultivate a culture of loyalty, effort, excellence and respect throughout the organization.
- Develop team members and promote succession planning. Look for opportunities to enhance their spheres of responsibility and giving opportunity for new experiences.
- Maintain the importance of diversity as a focus and encourage openness, transparency and the sharing of views.
- Ensure proper financial handling of monthly closing, reporting, forecasting and analysis. Ensure key stakeholders are constantly informed of the business position.
- Oversee the contracts and revenue team including processing sales orders, and revenue recognition working within strict sales ledger close deadlines.
- Lead advancedmd's corporate information system team and establish strategic roadmap to support organizational growth.
(Experience, Skills, Academic)
Integrity is Everything is a core value at ADP. Medical practitioners across the country turn to ADP's AdvancedMD for fully integrated Electronic Health Record (HER) and Practice Management solutions they can trust. We are one of the nation's largest providers of cloud medical practice optimization software and a leader in cloud electronic health record (EHR), practice management, medical scheduling software, and billing applications for medical practices and medical billing services.
- CPA equivalent qualification or MBA with an emphasis in Finance.
- 10-15 years experience in financial management.
- Deep knowledge in the areas of accounting, business finance and economic/corporate finance concepts.
- Executive level with influence and credibility.
- An ability to drive change and improvement through a large, diversified organization.
- Experience and interest in managing high growth businesses, with an ability to spot areas of opportunity and risk and allocate or re-direct resources accordingly.
- Critical Skills:
- A natural inclination to look for solutions, to methodically evaluate a situation and provide positive recommendations and drive issues through to successful conclusion/resolution.
- Strong attention to detail and a strong work ethic. A self-starter who is comfortable rolling up sleeves and being a doer as well as a leader.
- Extensive experience in financial modeling, target setting, performance measurement, strategic planning and business case development.
- Adept at forging strong relationships within a matrix environment; collaborative work style.
- Excellent analytical and interpretive skills, intellectual rigor and an ability to think independently, and outside the box.
- An unquestionable ability to deliver results under tight deadlines and time pressures. Self-confident and outgoing, with a straight forward personality.
- Comfortable working with very sensitive data and able maintain a high degree of discretion. Professional and personal integrity beyond reproach.
- Familiarity with operating and reporting structures of ADP and thorough knowledge of ADP financial business model is preferred.
ADP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V. ADP believes that diversity leads to strength.