KB Home, a Fortune 500 NYSE company and one of America's premier homebuilders, has an immediate employment opportunity available. The Company operates in numerous states across the nation from California to Florida.
KB Home has been building homes for a half a century, and was recently named to Fortune magazine's list of the World's Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year. KB Home ranked #1 for 'Innovation' among homebuilders. Also, KB Home was given an Award for Excellence for the Energy Star Efficiency program by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. In 2008, KB Home became the first builder to earn the prestigious National Housing Quality (NHQ) Certified Builder Program for all of its operations nationwide.
The Vice President of Division Finance has ultimate responsibility for the creation of divisional business plans, budgets, forecasting and quarterly updates, as well as overseeing the accuracy of the accounting and internal financial reporting. The position must ensure financial integrity of the division in all aspects of reporting and the adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company accounting policies, preparation of annual business plans, and safeguarding of assets.
*The VP of Finance also oversees the purchasing contracts administration function of the division. The position works closely with the Corporate Controller to ensure the accurate preparation of the division financial reports and to measure the financial performance of the division.
*The VP of Finance is responsible for communicating significant accounting issues to the executive leadership in KB Homes Regional Accounting Centers located in both Denver and Phoenix. The VP of Finance is a key member of the divisional executive management team, with specific responsibilities that include, but are not limited to the following:
* Acts as a right hand advisor to the local Division President to support decision-making and improve division performance. Identifies significant new profit opportunities within the existing business or which could be generated by expansion into new business areas. Assures maximization of long term divisional growth, profits and return on capital. Develops and implements initiatives such as cost containment to improve profitability. Participates / leads formulation and execution of strategies leading to achievement and/or maintenance of low cost producer status in its marketplace
* Creates and facilitates the execution of action plans to achieve specific results when necessary. Participates in the formulation of key business strategies and partners with the Division President to ensure execution of strategies. Partners with other disciplines to develop and implement best practices to achieve the divisions goals. Continually identifies and pro-actively manages execution failings. Informs Division President and Corporate Management of material changes in annual business plan, quarterly updates and flashes on a timely basis. Recommends enhancements to internal reports to better support managements needs
* Ensures that the KBNEXT business model is being carried out at Division and that only KBNEXT operating systems are being used and relied on to run the business
* Identifies cost savings and other profit enhancing strategies for the division through leveraging off of experience of other divisions within the region. Periodically reviews division's costs and expenses and provides suggestions to ensure the lowest possible cost per unit is achieved
* Actively participates in the land acquisition process and understands the divisions land pipeline. Makes sure this pipeline supports high growth and market dominance with minimal risk to the Divisions budget.
* Demonstrated success in the homebuilding industry as an executive in finance or accounting.
* Current CPA license or qualified and willing to obtain licensure
* Public accounting experience.
* Progressive levels of management responsibility within publicly traded organizations.
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!
For a dwelling done your way, you might turn to KB Home. KB builds houses mainly for first-time, trade-up, and active adult buyers...