YapStone, Inc. has an opportunity for a VP Finance, located in our corporate headquarters in Walnut Creek, California. The VP Finance will report directly to the CFO and will be a key leader of the finance function and a key collaborator with other functions in the integration of new business ideas into our back-end accounting operations and financial reporting. This role will also periodically assist in leading certain Human Resources activities.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning and reporting, accounting, including day-to-day accounting, banking, debt compliance, payroll, billing, payables, underwriting and debt financing and compliance. All while ensuring company accounting and reporting conforms to accounting standards generally accepted in the United States. This candidate will nurture relationships with key professional service providers in the areas of Audit, Tax, Treasury and Valuation Services. The successful candidate will be both an accomplished executive and someone that maintains the ability to be hands on and routinely develop analysis and documents using Exel, Word and Powerpoint.
Leveraging the Controller and their team, the VP Finance will drive the following:
The VP Finance will develop a scalable approach to providing planning and business analysis:
- Routine Accounting and Accounting Operations to support customer payments on YapStone’s payment processing platform
- External and management reporting
- International management reporting of the international subsidiaries
- Cash planning and management
- Payroll and benefit processing and reporting
- Accounts payable processing
- Billing and accounts receivable processing and collection
- Commission and affiliate fee processing and reporting
- Negotiation and management of professional services for audit, tax, valuation services
- Coordination of financial audits, recommendations and delivery of procedural improvements
The VP Finance will assure the financial systems scale with YapStone’s business by establishing needs and championing key projects, including:
- Drive current strategy and business analysis project in RentPayment business
- Develop plan for a database of transaction processing costs
- Develop systems to manage planning and reporting
The VP of Finance will also measure and monitor company performance, including:
- Assessing current ERP system
- Completing the scoping and championing the new pricing engine/billing system
- Assessing the impact of new products to customers and Global expansion and championing required changes to the ERP and back office processes/systems
- Scoping ad championing a new transaction processing cost database to enable business analysis.
- Assessing legal entity structuring in conjunction with global expansion to assure tax optimization in conjunction with contracted tax experts
- Recommending benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance
- Monitoring and analyzing monthly operating results against budget
- Overseeing daily operations and providing additional leadership in the accounting dept
- Managing the preparation of board reports
- Managing the preparation of financial outlooks and forecasts
- Preparing financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions
- Ensure compliance with loan covenants and benefit plan
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Represent the company externally to auditors, and other professional services firm
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objectives
- Coordinate with all departments to ensure company objectives are met and projects are complete
If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to VPFinance@rentpayment.com . Please enter “VP Finance” in the subject line.
- 8 – 10 years of Finance and Accounting experience as a mid-level manager required
- Experience in one of the Big 4 Public Accounting firms followed by experience in a Corporation’s finance team preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA required.
- Masters in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Working knowledge of finance, budgeting and accounting, including current accounting principles generally accepted in the US is essential along with some knowledge of international accounting principles and foreign currency accounting and reporting
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of automated planning systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Ability to manage small and large projects/programs a must
- Ability to find creative ways to get work done and a must
- Ability to handle sensitive founder driven company financial affairs in strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, propose solutions and drive work completion.
- An experienced leader able to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously managing multiple projects.