Job Title: Vice President Global Operations
Reports To: President, CCC
FLSA Status: Exempt
Overall responsible for achieving CCC revenue and profitability goals linked to execution. Leads the CCC Global Project Engineering, Project Management, Supply Chain Operations and Field Service teams. Responsible for all business process and quality from initial project design to startup and commission and long term customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1) Deliver solutions that meet or exceed customers’ expectations by provide the highest levels of project and field services. Meet cost, quality and time expectations for our customers by establishing a collaborative team environment with customers, employees and partners. Strive to continually improve quality goals that are in line with CCC’s brand image as the premier supplier of turbomachinery control applications.
2) Analyze, forecast and develop plans to achieve revenue, profit, costs, resources and process improvements stated goals and objectives. Achieve growth and profitability defined in the CCC business plan.
3) Ensure proper resources for each region. Develop and implement short-term and long-term goals and objectives for each functional area. Develop resource plans (budget, space, people, equipment). Recruit, interview, and hire employees to meet business needs and to continually improve the capabilities of the organization.
4) Direct and ensure proper execution of turbomachinery control solutions at global customer sites, including engineering solutions, systems commissioning schedules, and assignment of personnel. Measure and evaluate results for continued process improvement.
5) Direct and implement standard and consistent processes, policies and methods within CCC. Provide management guidance and motivation to staff to ensure successful execution of the projects and quality standards.
6) Develop a strong team of leaders. Identify areas for improvement and implement training to ensure state-of-art capability. Conduct annual performance evaluations in cooperation with the regional leaders. Analyze and correct performance deficiencies to continually improve results.
7) Ensure that commercial and technical policies, practices and procedures are appropriate to maximize customer satisfaction. Participate in formulating and administering company policies.
8) Direct and develop industrial, labor and public relations policies, designed to improve the company’s image, and relationships with customers and employees.
Supervise five directors and indirect reports of almost 200 employees. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; employee development; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• M.S. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent in education and experience, additionally an MBA is preferred
• 10 years of increasing responsibility including global managerial experience in field engineering, project engineering, project management, and supply chain management on a global basis.
• Technical expertise in turbomachinery control applications
• Experience in managing professional engineering departments outside of the U.S.
• Demonstrated superior organizational skills
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• English language fluency with additional foreign language fluency preferred
• Global travel required (30-40%)
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Proven problem solving ability. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent international travel required (
>30-40% of work schedule) .
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.