Delaware North Companies is one of the world’s leading hospitality and food service providers. The company is one of the largest and most admired privately held companies in the United States with revenues exceeding $2 billion annually and 50,000 associates serving half a billion customers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
Delaware North Companies Parks & Resorts is a leading hospitality provider in Special Places®, with hotel, retail, food service, recreation and transportation operations at historic, scenic and award-winning properties across North America and Australia.
This position will be based in the company's global headquarters in Buffalo, NY.
The VP of Lodging will be responsible for ensuring the effective, efficient and profitable operations of all Parks & Resorts lodging operations, including GM supervision, support in the development of strategic plans and new business opportunities, enforcing and directing company standards, policies and procedures in the assigned units.
Additional responsibilities include:
Interact with other corporate and subsidiary departments to maintain compliance to proper procedures and policies in addition to gaining assistance for operational matters.
Establish and maintain client relationships, including regulatory and industry relationships.
Recommend changes to attain maximum efficiency and develop new revenue opportunities. Review actual financial results as compared to budgets as well as occupancy rate and GuestPath scores relevant to lodging and recommend operational changes to improve variances along with GMs. Monitor progress on any ongoing project to ensure timely completion. Ensure that authorized plans and programs are properly executed and keep informed of overall conditions and trends in each operation and on all important activities affecting them. Report progress to COO.
Oversight of facility repair and maintenance, ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures and controls; management coaching and development.
- 10+ years of successful hospitality management experience to include Lodging and Food and Beverage in a multi unit organization.
- 5+ Years P&L experience
- Extensive experience in hotel and hospitality leadership required
- Experience with annual and Long term strategic planning
- Ability to implement customer service and environmental programs and apply to the properties
- Ability to study, analyze and resolve complex lodging, F&B and attractions problems and evaluate solutions.
- Ability to manage, coach and evaluate talent in the organization.
- Excellent management and communication skills are required.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid business acumen
- Strategic foresight, effective talent management and interpersonal savvy
- Team oriented and able to prioritize job responsibilities according to the needs of the business.
Delaware North Companies - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard