BASIC FUNCTION: Leads product development team in developing strategies and delivering products aligned with regional or country-specific market needs and competitive landscape in support of LNLP strategic imperatives.
1. Leads product development team in support of market area needs.
2. Defines, directs and implements strategic product plans for online.
3. Creates and prioritizes product development projects and advises on tradeoffs within the product portfolio.
4. Addresses requirements on a global basis by partnering with the Product Champion or Market Segment Leader.
5. Ensures quality of products from conception through commercial release.
6. Primary responsibility for making decisions related to employees' performance evaluation (with input from functional leads), compensation, staffing/recruiting, and allocation to projects/products within product development organization.
7. Focuses on developing leaders and their skills in the critical areas of product development.
8. Provides input to Functional Leads for decisions related to evaluation and recruiting/staffing of pooled functional resources. 9. Responsible for effectively communicating and fostering relationships across all verticals and with LNLP senior leaders 10. Assumes other projects, activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed by the VP Global Product Development.
11. Other duties as assigned
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
BS in Engineering or equivalent. MA/MS/MBA preferred
10 years experience in planning, managing, and executing the development of technically complex products and systems.
10+ years experience in people management, preferably managing professional level personnel in a change-intensive work environment.
Proven ability to lead or approve the direction of a wide range of diverse issues such as product direction, alternative implementation approaches, and resource negotiation.
Proven ability to partner with executive-level staff in developing, enhancing and communicating product strategies.
Strong strategic, analytical, and communication skills required.
Strong financial acumen.
Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (30% - 50% travel required)
Nov 19, 2012, 3:09:41 PM
LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of legal research and content-enabled workflow solutions.
LexisNexis consists of two...