Insert catchy phrase about joining TripIt and Concur and how cool we are, something about how TripIt is one of the most successful consumer travel brands and Concur is a profitable public company with 400+MM in revenues and a focus on the corporate traveler in its enterprise T&E offerings. The Vice President of R&D is responsible for leading the TripIt Product and Engineering organizations, and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of product development and delivery, from roadmap, specification, design, and development through to full release to over 6 Million users of TripIt, TripIt Pro, and TripIt For Business. This position requires a candidate who can apply years of engineering expertise and product insight as Concur continues to leverage its consumer brand to transform the experience for business travelers world-wide. This position ensures that the resources of the product and engineering functions are allocated and managed appropriately to produce product solutions in a timely, high quality manner that meet the needs of the business and the users. Highly qualified candidates will have a background in consumer engineering management, supporting products with frequent incremental releases and rapidly growing teams. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of R&D.
- Oversees all aspects of product development and delivery, from roadmap to specification, design, development and testing, through full release to the client.
- Sets and executes on overall strategic direction for the R&D organization and a strong participant in Concur’s overall travel and expense consumer strategy.
- Collaborates with the other key executives within R&D, Product Marketing, and other organizations to identify product features and development timelines.
- Balance near-term and future revenue opportunities against user acquisition and other success metrics when generating roadmap and execution plans
- Selects, trains, motivates and develops the R&D leadership team.
- Continually ensures that the organizational structure, methodologies and processes within R&D are optimized to deliver the product solutions required by the business.
- Creates and manages the R&D budget to ensure that overall department objectives are being met.
- Conducts ongoing performance appraisals in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies.
Education, Experience & Training required:
- BS or BA in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Five or more years of managing a large engineering organization for design, development and testing of consumer software products.
- Previous experience managing multiple resources and projects required.
- 12+ years prior software development experience.
- Experience managing or engaging in significant collaboration with the product management and/or product marketing function
- Ability to pass a background check.
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated proficiency establishing medium to long term strategic development plans.
- Successful experience identifying and implementing process measurements that provide department staff tools to achieve strategic goals.
- Previous successful experience with the product cycle from development to introduction in the marketplace.
- Demonstrated ability to define and manage to a complex budget.
- Demonstrated successful ability to negotiate, analyze and interpret complex documents and contracts.
- Proven ability to build strong R&D leadership teams.
- Successful experience directing, developing and motivating employees.
- Demonstrated ability to compose persuasive documents, speeches and presentations on complex topics to top management, product teams, and customers.
Critical Performance Competencies (identify in rank order up to 10):
- Strategic thinker
- Negotiation skills
- Coaching & mentoring skills
- Ability to delegate successfully
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Hires, develops & rewards great people
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
- Displays personal & corporate integrity
Concur is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applies this policy to all applicants and employees. We are committed to hiring and valuing a global diverse work team. (M/F/D/V)
Concur is a dynamic, growing and fast-paced organization. As such, successful employees are able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities often times under tight deadlines. This typically requires working a 40+ hour work week to accomplish performance objectives. With that, Concur offers flexibility as to the specific working hours that may be required or available depending on your role.
Concur is a SaaS company. Employees must be technically savvy with the ability to use the computer/keyboard and telephone to conduct business. The ability to creatively problem solve to our core value of ‘Leadership through innovation in everything we do’. Many positions within Concur are customer facing so written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills are required for a majority of opportunities with Concur.
Confidentiality and our core value ‘Personal and corporate integrity’ are critical components being that Concur is a publicly traded company and working towards building a great, enduring company.
Concur - 12 months ago
Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) is the world’s leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions. Web and mobile-based,...