- Lead and develop the respiratory clinical development program for several inhaled compounds in late phase global clinical development. This includes direct oversight and management of the clinical development teams and compound leaders.
- Responsible for developing the overall clinical strategy for the respiratory franchise and provide medical and scientific support to current and future commercialized products.
- Responsible for Global Clinical Development Phase II/III trial activities and oversight of Global Medical Directors in protocol development, study execution and interpretation of results.
- Close collaboration with Teva Global Medical Affairs and strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders in the respiratory space.
- Responsible for conducting some Medical Affairs activities, as directed by the Senior Vice President.
- Help develop the commercial strategy for compounds in late phase clinical development and attend sales meetings and other commercial meetings/activities as needed.
- Manage a group of approximately ten physicians and scientists and provide leadership and guidance to them and their teams.
- Interface effectively with other Clinical Development functions and other departments, including Clinical Operations, Biometrics in design and conduct of the clinical programs
- Work closely with Marketing, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs and Pharmacovigilance in development of clinical plans that meet both regulatory and commercial needs.
- Highly important member of the Senior Vice President’s management team; makes go/no go decisions on the pipeline and key decision maker in what the company does in respiratory in the present and future.
- Create and maintain a positive and productive work environment and exhibit exceptional leadership capabilities by creating trust and respect within respiratory clinical development as well as with other colleagues in Teva.
- MD/DO and board certification in Allergy/Asthma/Immunology or Pulmonary/Critical Care.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a clinical development function within a biotech or pharmaceutical company.
- Outstanding proven track record in respiratory drug development; intimate understanding of inhaled drug development preferred.
- Experience filing multiple New Drug Applications (NDA’s) preferred.
- Strong relationships with respiratory Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s) across the country and globe.
- Well-developed leadership skills with the ability to influence, able to make decisions and stand by them. This individual will be highly visible at all levels of the organization and must be able to build trust and credibility walking in the door.
- Exceptionally sharp thinker; ability to push innovation and creative thinking. Strategic thinking, accountable and forward-looking; able to see larger business picture.
- Flexible, able to wear many hats, work in a fact-paced environment and be open to change or the unknown.
- Collaborative and proactive, with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves style and attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to interface professionally with a wide spectrum of internal and external academicians, agencies, and industry executives in the scientific/medical arena.
- Hard-working, energetic and passionate about making a difference.
- Highest integrity; committed to ethics and scientific standards.
Teva Pharmaceuticals - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
When the pharmacist asks you if a generic equivalent is acceptable, Teva hopes you'll say "yes." Teva Pharmaceuticals USA,...