VP Sales & Marketing
Job ID : 2012-12051
# of Positions: 1
Posted Date: 7/20/2012
Job Location: US-NY-White Plains
Position Type : Regular Full Time
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ELT is the English language teaching & testing business in Pearson International with primary to Adult products and a significant digital presence with MyEnglishLabs and pearsonelt.com. While ELT is matrixed into the regional business, the US domestic market for Adult and Higher Education product is directly line managed through our White Plains office.
The VP Sales and Marketing is responsible for delivering the US sales and marketing strategy. This role leads the US Domestic sales and marketing team to deliver sales targets, test recognition and revenues, deliver marketing campaigns, and lead adoption strategy for new curriculum. This role needs to enable key global strategies, including digital transformation, integrated assessment, Pearson English Eco-system and new ways of working.
- Oversee US implementation of Global ELT strategy.
- Develop and implement in-country strategies to maximise sales on all products, tests and services. This includes overseeing adoption strategies and campaign roll out.
- Develop and execute tactical plans for building awareness and recognition of PTE Academic across the US. Build the US market for PTE Academic. This includes developing and managing strategic partnerships and negotiating commercial deals with US stakeholders including commercial and academic language institutions, test prep providers, associations and agencies.
- Seek new solutions opportunities for innovative growth in the ELT market. Looking for digital sales, new institutional sales and emerging opportunities from new technology adoption.
- Manage an effective marketing operation with cost effective campaigns. There should be strategic goal for greater digital delivery of marketing campaigns.
- Build relationships with other Pearson companies/divisions to support sales activities and execute collaborative approaches where appropriate.
- Monitor and analyze competitors’ activities in the market.
- Communicate and explain strategies plans to ELT staff and stakeholders.
- Partner with local leadership to support a positive work culture and play a role to ensure effective local communication and support of staff.
- Manage US Sales & Marketing budget in an efficient and effective way.
- Lead and ensure best practise management of the sales and marketing team. Support development and progression of staff
Dealing with tactical sales teams in a time of digital change
- Managing a remote team
- Working with a number of stakeholders both internally, within Pearson and internationally
- Working as an independent leader working collaboratively with a remote senior team
- At least 12 years of experience in US sales and marketing, with at least 8 years in leadership positions.
- Relevant BA and graduate studies.
- Record of training, supervising and motivating a geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to build strong solid relationships with senior level admissions directors, and other academic leaders and senior staff at leading institutions.
- Evidence of success in developing and implementing sales/business development strategies.
- Evidence of success in sales negotiations with education institutions/organisations/providers.
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly and effectively to target audiences.
- Good influencing skills and the ability to convince through personal credibility.
- Real understanding and passion for English language education.
- Technological Proficiency in key programmes and adopter of new technologies.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Experience in working across academic, government and commercial sectors.
- Experience working in the English language assessments arena.
- Languages other than English, ideally Spanish.
- Previous educational sales experience.
- Familiarity with PLT products and/or competitor’s products.
- Professional experience working for a global organization; working and communicating globally.
Pearson Education - 16 months ago
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...