7signal provides a groundbreaking performance optimization platform for mission-critical wireless LANs (WLANs) in the enterprise. Its Sapphire platform is the only solution in the market that provides “last mile” visibility to the client with continuous passive and active measurements at multiple levels. Enterprises deploying the 7signal solution save capex and opex dollars and are able to make reliable WLANs the foundation for their data and voice communications. The platform can be deployed as a system or cloud-based managed service.
The company has reference customers in key verticals, patented technology and a team of executives with a track record of building successful companies. The critical next step is expanding the customer base and growing revenues. 7signal is headquartered in Akron, OH, where WLANs were originally developed (Aironet / Cisco), giving the company access to a base of talented professionals.
The ideal VP of Sales candidate will have these characteristics and experiences:
- Experience directing, managing, and growing an organization in a scalable fashion for a multi-faceted, sales and services organization while consistently increasing revenues faster than headcount. The candidate should have experience in both owning/driving the revenue number as well as back office sales operations experience. Field marketing/operations and professional services leadership experience are a plus.
- Located within a 90 minute direct flight to Akron.
- Experience in selling network products, services, and solutions.
- Extensive rolodex and relationships with industry leaders and market decision makers in 7signal’s key verticals – healthcare IT, universities and manufacturing.
- Proven ability to work with strategic partners to successfully drive revenue achievement through partners and two tier distribution environments.
- Deep understanding and experience of go-to-market strategies, including direct selling models, Cloud, XaaS, and multi-channel leveraged selling motions and business development best practices.
- Has managed a team achieving $25M to $100M in sales and demonstrated year over year growth.
- Is hungry for the chance to be the head sales executive at a high-tech company.
Within the first 90 days, the successful VP of Sales will be expected to gain a clear understanding of the sales and services organizations’ strengths and weaknesses. The VP will work to quickly grasp the key near-term initiatives and close business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Organize and execute the sales function, including training, education and consulting, to meet the company’s sales and growth objectives of $1M+ in 2013.
- Apply best practices and experience to existing pricing strategy for all products, software and services.
- Assist in recruiting and successful on-boarding 20+ channel partners.
- As appropriate, leverage his/her network to hire new sales / account managers.
- Driving a sales solutions sales strategy, including the full breadth of 7signal’s products, and services lines in the Healthcare, University and Manufacturing market verticals.
- Establish 2013/14 business plan for short and long-range sales goals and monitor achievement, taking action as needed to ensure sales targets are achieved via documented account profiles and partner strategies.
- Play a hands-on role within the company and maintain a personal presence and high visibility in the field, and directly participate in customer / partner sales cycles at key accounts. Apply the highest-leverage activities to identify opportunities, negotiate contracts, and close major deals.
- Evangelize and embed a rigorous sales qualification and pipeline management process regionally and locally. Implement repeatable quarterly business reviews (QBRs), sales processes, forecasting systems, and best practices required to ensure improved operations and increased customer acquisition.
- Serve as executive sponsor for an agreed upon set of key customers and partners.
- Establish and drive lead- and revenue-generating activities
- Develop marketing strategies, identify new opportunities, and pipeline management.
- Develop demand generation, direct / indirect sales channel strategies and programs.
As a key member of the executive team, the successful candidate must have the following traits:
- Strong executive presence and emotional intelligence
- High interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating competencies
- Irreproachable levels of ethics and integrity
- Solid strategic thinker that can switch to tactical issues and execution quickly
- Enjoys a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- 3 years ago - save job