Our direct financial client located in midtown NYC is looking to hire a Senior Technical Lead: Desktop Engineering - Architecture & Engineering. The opportunity is to lead from a VP level the forming of a new group dedicated to Engineering, development and maintenance of the firm's global desktop environment.
· Taking a senior/ lead engineering role in a global engineering group that performs R&D, engineering and sets the direction for the desktop environment.
· Actively preserving the gateway role between Architecture and Operations team to define, implement and communicate new technologies.
· Ensuring and owning the firm’s client platform technologies end-to-end.
· Maintaining a close relationship with key IT groups.
· Identifying opportunities and improvements, engineering and implementing global solutions for the desktop client platform
· Providing technical leadership and assisting the growth of junior engineers.
· Supporting and ownership of the core infrastructure for the client platform.
· Evaluating and maintaining the firm’s default hardware profile and products for desktop platform.
· Ownership and ongoing support of vendor and OEM relationships relating to desktop platform.
· Building relationships with the global business departments as the conduit to the Enterprise Desktop.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Science
· 5+ Years' Desktop Engineering Experience
· 3+ years' Team Lead/Supervisory experience
· 3+ years' Windows Infrastructure administration
Ability to do occasional out-of-hours work to address complex issues or emergencies
· Must have deep knowledge of Windows and Core operating system technologies
Must have deep understating and experience of Windows client technologies
· Must have deep understating of Active Directory and core services and policies
· Must have good understating of virtualization technologies and products
· Must have good understating of VDI technologies such as Terminal Services, Citrix, App-V, etc...
· Must have experience with SCCM
· Must have good understating of Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) technologies
· Must have experience with PowerShell, WMI and experience with programming
· Must have good understating of low level debugging and troubleshooting for Windows
· Good communication skills
· Ability to understand and clearly communicate technical information to IT and user community
· Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding the client's computing environment
· Demonstrated experience in applying knowledge and skills in an engineering environment
· Strong analytical aptitude and problem solving skills in a technical environment
· Multi-task across several ongoing tasks of varying priorities as required
· Must be able to document information regarding troubleshooting techniques and solutions
· Maintain a high level of teamwork and communication
· Flexibility in schedule, ability and willingness to work overtime when needed
Design Strategy Corporation - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard -