Req ID: 5961
Redbox is a booming entertainment business that has revolutionized the home entertainment industry! With 40k+ kiosks within five miles of 70% of US homes, we are America's destination for movies and video games. As the business goes forward, we envision a Redbox that expands beyond movies and the physical disc, to provide entertainment choices to customers that are convenient, affordable, and personalized.
Reporting to the SVP of Customer Experience, the VP of User Experience & Product Design is the department head for all product user-experience design at Redbox. You will leverage your passion and deep expertise to create a compelling vision for the Redbox product experience, and lead our Interaction Design, Usability & Research, and Product Analytics teams in developing an intimate understanding of the customer experience, designing a world-class experience across touch points including kiosk, web, and mobile. You will guide teams to ensure that products are serving the needs of the customer and delivering on the promise of the brand.
This executive will be located at the Redbox home office in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois.
- Create long-term user-experience design (UXD) business strategy and oversee execution of that strategy.
- Build, develop and lead a world-class UXD team that obsesses about creating business value by designing and delivering products that make our customer’s lives better.
- Develop a deep understanding of consumer and competitive industry dynamics; benchmark UXD capabilities and institute frameworks to identify, track and communicate key metrics for product design effectiveness.
- Establish frameworks for the development of actionable artifacts (personas, journey maps, user scenarios, etc.), driven by research & data, that fuel a detailed understanding of the customer experience, illustrate key business opportunities and can be used to guide optimal product designs.
- Bring outstanding product offerings to market.
- Advise the Redbox executive team on key UXD-fueled opportunities for profitable growth.
- Develop high-potential team members as future business leaders for Redbox.
- Demonstrated ability to create, articulate and execute UXD strategies that reinforce and advance the Redbox brand promise of value and simplicity.
- Deep expertise in omni-channel consumer product design, with demonstrated ability to create exceptional business impact via the customer experience.
- Ability to synthesize data & perspectives to formulate compelling stories that educate, inform and fuel cross-functional alignment on desired user-experiences.
- Strong point-of-view of how experience-design is evolving including how consumers interact with devices, environments, immersive content, and commerce… now and in the future.
- Broad exposure to a variety of user-experience disciplines: Interaction Design, Usability Engineering, Research/Analytics, Visual Design, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Human-Computer Interaction or related field) is required. Master’s degree and/or MBA preferred.
Redbox®, Coinstar® and ecoATM™ are always on the lookout for innovative thinkers. As part of Outerwall’s growing portfolio of products and services, they’re redefining retail—making everyday life a little simpler and better. If you like solving problems in new ways, if you’re passionate about ideas that become businesses and you want to be part of a team that values you for everything you are, check us out. You’ll find a diverse, dynamic and welcoming work environment full of exciting challenges and endless opportunity.
Grow your career at Outerwall with an exciting brand like Coinstar, Redbox or ecoATM. At Outerwall, we believe that diversity and inclusion create organizational strength. If you need an accommodation to complete our application process, please contact us at email@example.com . EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posting Notes: || United States || Illinois || Oakbrook Terrace || || None
Outerwall - 9 months ago
Renting more than 3 billion discs to date, Redbox is America's destination for movies and video games. With 35,900 locations nationwide,...