The Vice President of Business Systems will lead, manage and develop a team of skilled professionals in the architecture, development and implementation of new systems and ensure the proper maintenance and performance of existing systems, both hardware and software.
1. Responsible for the overall direction, design, development, and maintenance of internal enterprise business systems, and the planning and implementation of systems software and hardware to meet the needs of the business.
2. Working with key business partners, analyzes and plans the technology strategy to allow a high level of customer service, revenue, and cost effectiveness.
2. Provides leadership and directs Business Systems associates to ensure that individual performance and goals support and align with department results and the corporate business plan.
3. Establishes policies, standards, practices, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations, and appropriate safeguards over the company, client, and customer’s information assets.
5. Administers the department's expenses within budgetary guidelines to contribute to the cost-effective operation of the business.
Desired Skills & Experience
10-15 years spent managing technological development and operations. This experience must include:
Exceptional people management skills with a track record of developing successful leaders.
Strong Internet Retail and call center servicing background in a B2C environment.
Strong experience in eCommerce solutions, Web development/design with J2EE, .net, and web services, including demonstrated ability in making buy/build decisions on transformational changes to critical business platforms.
Good knowledge of Oracle database and Financials
Strong leadership and project management experience of complex systems and applications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree in computer science, engineering, or information systems with Masters Degree preferred. Other significant experience considered.
Up-to-date education on state-of-the-art technologies via coursework, review of periodicals, attendance at conferences or other means
Training in business process and management specifically related to an e-commerce environment.
Purchasing Power is the premier employee purchase program that helps employees buy name brand products, including computers, electronics, home appliances and furniture, through the convenience of payroll deduction. Since 2001, Purchasing Power has serviced more than 600,000 orders for employees of leading U.S. companies, including Fortune 500 and government agencies. For more information on the benefits and implementation of this program, HR professionals should visit http://www.purchasingpower.com/employers/ and benefits brokers will learn more at http://www.purchasingpower.com/brokers/
* Inc Magazine's 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in American for 2011 (#1,537)
* Georgia Trend's Fast 40 for 2011 (#7 out of 20 in the “Large Middle-Market Company” category)
* Inc Magazine's 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in American for 2010 (#1,490)
* Inc Magazine's 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in American for 2009 (#2,072)
* Inc Magazine's 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for 2008 (#3,085)
* Entrepreneur Magazine's Hot 100 for 2008 (#50)
Purchasing Power - 19 months ago