GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
The Vice President of Finance will be responsible for financial modeling, for preparing the annual and long-term financial plans, forecasts, budgets, monitoring and analyzing performance to plan, quarterly reforecasting, communicating results to management, disseminating timely and relevant financial data to support decision making, treasury, pricing, billing and collections. The right candidate will deliver value added business analyses and will introduce processes and tools to facilitate a highly efficient and effective analytical planning process. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for enhancements to the pricing, billing and collection processes. The ideal candidate must also be assertive, self-directed, innovative and driven by details and deadlines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage Esquire’s financial planning process which includes quarterly reforecasting, 3 year business plan development and annual budget. Act as project manager for the entire budget process setting timelines, ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time.
- Create, implement and produce a monthly reporting package that includes full financial statements, operational Dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, and comprehensive executive level explanations of variances and trends.
- Create sophisticated financial models that provide financial analysis and decision support to senior leadership on key business components. Advise business leadership of opportunities and risks impacting business performance. Propose potential solutions to complex problems.
- Lead the preparation of financial analysis, commentary and presentation materials for executive review meetings.
- Review, analyze and compare monthly and quarterly operating department financial results and key performance indicators against plan and other internal benchmarks, including working capital and cash flow analysis.
- Development of reporting tools and environments including Great Plains-based reporting; Access data sets; Excel models; and other reporting and decision support tools which the team and Company may employ
- Will provide written analysis and other projects with a focus on the delivery of effective and timely performance analysis and related reports to executives and management.
- Recurring and ad-hoc analyses and projects to identify, interpret and focus management on operating patterns, exceptions, and concerns
- Ongoing communication and consultation with departmental management with an emphasis on financial discipline and cost management.
- Negotiation of revenue and expense budget levels with a focus on productivity and business unit contribution. Will provide research and analysis of financial and operational data as required.
- Lead pricing, billing and collections to ensure systems are optimized to deliver and collect bills in a timely and efficient manner.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting. MBA in Finance/Accounting and/or a CPA designation is highly preferred. Practical exposure to and knowledge of GAAP Accounting Principles. Minimum 12 years of progressive financial planning and analysis and corporate finance management experience. Strong foundation in accounting and reporting using ERP-type systems as well as a strong knowledge of budgeting, financial analysis and forecasting.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communication skills; ability to communicate complex financial concepts to non-financial resources
- Exceptional analytical and financial analysis skills with passion for details and “digging in”.
- Strong Computer aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel skills. Proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications is a must – Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with performance management, scorecards, and dash boarding is highly desirable.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and mentor less senior analysts and accountants
- Proficient in project planning, timeline management, issue tracking, and implementation execution
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across functional areas