IP Lab is the leading and driving force for Huawei's IP (Internet Protocol) technology innovation, where we are researching and developing the emerging technology for Service provider, Data center and Enterprise IP Network. We are looking for the VP of Engineering to lead the IP lab in Silicon Valley, who will be reporting to the President of Futurewei.
The candidate we are seeking should be a highly motivated individual with profound IP network knowledge and comprehensive management skill.
Responsibilities Include :
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Recruiting top level IP experts in Silicon Valley and building strong IP R&D workforce.
- Inspire and motivate team from delivering compelling vision to enabling small innovation thought flash.
- Understand Huawei's business strategy and align IP Lab's work target with multi BU's business goal.
- Create and drive innovation ideas, manage and delivery innovation properties including but not to limited product and technology prototype, key technology component, research and analysis report, design documentary and patents etc.
- Collaborate with HQ BU executives on making annual business strategy, work plan and budget.
- Provide technical leadership, mentor and refine career path for senior team members( DE, Senior Director/ Director).
- Represent Huawei in IP business and technology related external events.
- 15+ years of professional experience in IP network, with strong focus on technology innovation and commercialization, 10+ years of management experience required.
- Comprehensive understanding of business and technical trends in industry, acute sense of market and technology change helps to catch business opportunity.
- Abundant experience on taking innovation ideas to prototype and commercial product
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate collaboration and achieve alignment in cross functional teams.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills in English. It is desirable to have similar skills in Mandarin. Multi-culture management experience would be a plus.
- Knowledge in one or more technology domains – TCP/IP, MPLS, Ethernet, Network Security, IPTV, Network Virtualization, SDN etc.
- Strong leadership, people management and communication skills.
- This position will require global travel to meet with executive level Huawei customers and work with HQ team
Huawei Investment Holding knows the importance of good connections. One of China's leading manufacturers of telecommunications...