The BioWare Label is a division of EA which crafts high quality multiplatform role-playing, MMO and strategy games, focused on emotionally engaging, rich stories with unforgettable characters and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles and franchises, including Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect and Dragon Age. BioWare currently operates in eight locations across the world, including Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada), Austin (Texas), Fairfax (Virginia), San Francisco (California), Los Angeles (California), Sacramento (California) and Galway (Ireland).
This position will be based in Redwood City, CA.
The Vice President, Marketing is a key leadership role that oversees all things Marketing for BioWare and reports into the SVP of Marketing for EA’s Games label. The Vice President, Marketing is accountable for the marketing strategies, initiatives, and tactics for a collection of franchises developed by BioWare’s studios located in North America. Leading a team of product marketers, the Vice President, Marketing sets the overall vision for consumer communications and is the strategic liaison within the worldwide publishing organization to ensure that this vision is reflected in marketing, sales, channel, international and PR strategies. The Vice President, Marketing has financial responsibility for all marketing initiatives and in this capacity partners closely with studio business units GMs and Executive Producers to set short and long-term franchise business and finance goals and product plans across multiple sports franchises worldwide – for both packaged goods and digital product offerings.
This position will play a key role in leading the transformation of the Marketing and Publishing organization from a packaged goods-centric organization to a D2C marketing organization delivering digital service-based live experiences.
- Responsible for all consumer targeting, positioning, marketing strategies and programs for multiple key BioWare franchises, including Mass Effect, Star Wars and any new Intellectual Properties.
- Responsible for development and communication of the marketing strategy and vision on a global level.
- Be a leader in the transformation of the Marketing and Publishing organization from a packaged goods-centric organization to a D2C marketing organization delivering digital service-based live experiences.
- Responsible for creating integrated marketing planning for franchises/services made available across all platforms (including, but not limited to, HD console, PC/Mac, mobile, and Facebook)
- Financial responsibility for all marketing and advertising related efforts for franchises.
- Develop long-term franchise plans with studio business units.
- Ensure consumer insights are provided during the development of games through qualitative and quantitative research.
- Partner with the Global Publishing Organization as a strategic liaison and in forecasting and demand planning.
- Responsible for licensor and partner relationships.
- Responsible for collaborative partnership between the studio and publishing.
- Provide management and career development for a team of product managers.
- Provide leadership to the overall BioWare marketing team.
- Minimum of 10 years experience directing a department of marketing professionals, preferably within the entertainment, online, and/or games industry.
- Demonstrated record of success in consumer marketing on a global level.
- Substantial experience in D2C, digital, and/or subscription businesses.
- Must have broad experience and understanding of all facets of the marketing discipline including market research, product positioning, pricing, promotions, sales and distribution.
- Experience working on cutting edge, leading brands that have strong consumer awareness and interest.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and negotiate agreements where varying opinions are the norm.
- Strong interest in entertainment and technology industry.
- Experience with digital product offerings on console, mobile and PC platforms.
- Exercises a high degree of influence and ability to impact team performance of subordinates, managers, peers, outside agencies and executive management.
- Strategic leader and thinker with ability to create exciting, break through marketing plans.
- Creative and resourceful thinking with ability to make decisions and organize thoughts. Process-oriented.
- Demonstrated capability of successfully working with senior executives.
- Four-year degree in a related field required. MBA desirable.
Electronic Arts - 23 months ago
To armchair quarterbacks and couch-potato commandos, Electronic Arts (EA) is their Picasso. EA is a top-three global video game publisher...