VP of Marketing
Location : New York, NY
Work Market is an online labor marketplace accessed via enterprise software. We enable large organizations to take advantage of a professional contract labor marketplace with a full set of internal controls and processes required by compliance, procurement, HR and Legal.
To support the achievement of short and long-term strategic objectives and to ensure our continued growth, we are seeking a Vice President of Marketing to assume complete responsibility for our marketing activities. Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Marketing will serve as a member of the senior management team tasked with enhancing revenue growth and increasing market penetration.
The Vice President of Marketing will provide the vision and lead the implementation of a marketing strategy to ensure the company's continued growth. More specifically, the Vice President will create and maintain a strong marketing infrastructure; attract, build and manage a lean, cohesive and proactive marketing team; develop and execute marketing initiatives that build brand recognition and market awareness; and define a communications strategy and approach that optimizes Work Market's position.
- Develop the strategic marketing vision and chart the course for the future of Work Market as it relates to the brand, market positioning, messaging and lead generation. Provide tactical execution and leadership necessary to ensure that the company leverages high-growth business opportunities and meets or exceeds all revenue, profit and expense targets
- Create and communicate a crisp, clear, consistent and compelling message that establishes the company's brand identity. Give the brand a distinctive personality in the marketplace that supports a compelling and consistent value proposition to clients, the Work Market Community, partners and affiliates
- Integrate contemporary and traditional marketing approaches to establish and implement marketing initiatives. Create campaigns and programs that drive market share growth, position and differentiate Work Market's offerings for maximum market penetration and solidify and extend awareness and brand recognition for the company
- Build and execute a long-term strategy for generating inbound leads via content marketing and social media marketing (among other lead generation best-practices including SEO, PPC, etc.). Align marketing strategies in support of Work Market's vision and strategic goals. Develop strategies and tactics to drive sales leads and expand Work Market's market share.
- Prepare the annual marketing plan and budget
- Manage the content and flow of all outbound Work Market communications and all promotional initiatives including websites, blogs, trade shows, search, online advertising, print advertising, sales support materials and client/sales messaging to ensure they're consistent with the brand
- Support product development with ongoing market and competitive data and help translate that data to achieve a best-in-class experience for employers and job seekers.
- Analyze and report on the ROI of marketing initiatives
- Research and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors both inside and outside of the contract work industry in order to seize and capitalize on market opportunities and mitigate the effects of competitive activity
- Build and lead a highly talented marketing team who can work together with a shared mission and goals and collaborate with other departments in the achievement of company goals. Support an open and highly collaborative work environment and lead in a manner that fosters high engagement
- Experience-based mastery of contemporary marketing practices, demonstrated understanding of market development strategies, customer decision-making processes and consumer and business-to-business brand management, with a proven track record in successfully building brand recognition and market awareness
- Previous success in a similar position at a technology company; experience with B2B subscription models
- Strategic thinker with a global orientation, strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to execute at the tactical level
- Entrepreneurial and risk-oriented, with an understanding of the dynamics of small, high-growth companies, and the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment. Comfortable with risk/reward equation in an emerging growth company
- Confident and experienced decision-maker, comfortable with risk assessment and the ability to assume a leadership role and "push the envelope" when required
- Motivated self-starter and truly relentless
- 10+ years of experience
- Excellent analytical, quantitative reasoning and strategic skills
- A track record of success working for an organization(s) renowned for marketing excellence
Work Market - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Work Market is a platform for management of labor and human resource services. We give businesses access to an on-demand scalable work force...