Scoutmob seeks its first in-house VP of National Advertising Sales for a full-time staff position in New York. This will be a key member of the Scoutmob team and this role is of critical importance to shaping the future growth and direction of the company. Reporting directly to the CEO, this individual will be responsible for accelerating the company’s revenue growth as it looks to build out a top-notch digital media sales capability.
Scoutmob connects users through editorial content, local deals and exclusive events to the most interesting, independent small businesses around the country. With a growing network of extremely talented makers -- whether of cocktails, furniture or experiences, Scoutmob leverages innovative mobile technology and a quirky, fun brand and design to bring the best of local to a national audience. We're excited to expand on that sentiment, reaching even more users and offering more ways to connect to independent makers through our growing e-commerce site. We curate, celebrate, and connect our audience in as many ways as possible to these inspiring goods and experiences.
And while we’re talking about how great we are, let’s just add that we were voted one of Mashable‘s Top 5 Best Mobile Apps, Rolling Stone’s Top 10 Tech Trends for 2011, and one of Real Simple’s Best Restaurant Apps... just to name a few.
Scoutmob is a venture capital backed company whose investors include New Atlantic Ventures, AOL Ventures, Capital Broadcasting, Cox Enterprises and Thrillist CEO Ben Lerer.
• Help build a sales organization that delivers solutions-based programs for Fortune 1000 marketing clients interested in the mobile space and the intersection of content and commerce.
• Build and manage internal team processes and functions to deliver on revenue goals and strategies, enabling the company to scale quickly and execute successfully against an aggressive growth plan.
• Strategically plan, organize and lead activities focused on establishing and maintaining
mutually beneficial relationships with brand marketers; cultivate deep relationships with key decision-makers within agency and client organizations.
• Work collaboratively with the product development and technology teams to continually
enhance the value of products and services offered to clients and deliver innovative ad products.
• Serve as an “evangelist” for Scoutmob internally and externally; clearly articulate the
company’s unique value proposition in the context of a crowded and rapidly changing media marketplace.
• Promote a collaborative environment that encourages teamwork.
• Maintain clear weekly, monthly and quarterly pipeline and activity reports, enabling the organization to appropriately forecast and scale.
This role is the pillar of the sales organization. With repeated success closing business, this candidate has a significant opportunity to help recruit additional team members to support the growing needs of the sales infrastructure.
Critical Competencies for Success:
The ideal candidate will have successfully operated within a performance-driven digital advertising sales organization for a minimum of 5-years, consistently building revenues and market share. The candidate has a track record of consistently delivering results that are on time and on target. Given Scoutmob’s strengths as a mobile-platform, this candidate should also have prior experience successfully selling mobile solutions.
This person should also have experience with integrated or cross-platform selling as the Scoutmob sales proposition continues to evolve to include value across web, mobile and live events within the Beer, Wine & Spirits, Lifestyle, Entertainment, and Financial Services categories.
He or she will have a high degree of credibility and a strong network of relationships in the advertising and marketing communities, and will have demonstrated the ability to open doors and leverage relationships to drive the business forward.
Desired, though not required, is that the candidate has a background in being an early or first sales employee at a mobile startup or media company.
Scoutmob, Inc - 21 months ago