As our VP of National Publisher Business Development, you will be responsible for driving OpenX’s platform penetration into the mid-tier of ComScore 3000 publishers. You will lead a high performing sales team that is capable of selling multiple ad technology products across a diverse publisher landscape. You will partner very closely with marketing and partner services to insure we build a long term sustainable base of high quality publisher partnerships. You will lead and expand a team of established sales professionals located in Pasadena, CA. We are seeking a highly independent, hands-on, experienced, and confident self-starter who has a strong sense of sales urgency, is intelligent and thoughtful, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceed publisher acquisition and revenue goals for mid-tier segment
- Lead, and continue to build, a high performing and highly accountable sales team
- Enhance our existing sales process, tools, and messaging
- Partner closely with VP of Partner Services to insure long term client retention and satisfaction
- Partner closely with marketing to build comprehensive publisher acquisition plan
- Implement an effective sales training program that establishes rules of engagement, scripts, communication protocols, and closing tools
- Own the sales funnel from top to bottom – from sales lead to close. Own all sales conversion
- metrics and monthly goals
- Effectively guide sales team in use of Salesforce.com while creating metrics to improve the overall sales and operational performance
- Play a leading role in the development of publisher focused marketing strategies and materials
- Represent OpenX at industry leading events and conferences working directly with C-level publisher contacts
- 10+ years of sales, operational, and personnel hiring /firing, including substantial experience managing salespeople in a highly accountable environment
- Strong strategic/sales planning expertise
- Extensive experience in training and mentoring sellers
- SaaS/software/internet advertising experience preferred
- Strong sales, management, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience running a sales funnel – from marketing to lead to close
- Self-starter who is confident in an entrepreneurial environment
- Has a track record of using analytical skills to proactively develop new insights that drive operational strategy and revenue growth
- Excellent leadership, energy, judgment, communication, interpersonal, management and analytical skills required
- Passionate about growing and building a business to its full potential
OpenX is a global leader in digital advertising technology and services, enabling digital media companies to manage and maximize their ad revenue. Our unique platform combines ad serving, a real-time bidding (RTB) exchange, yield optimization, and content valuation to deliver the highest revenue across every desktop, tablet, and mobile screen.
OpenX is backed by leading investors including Accel Partners, Index Ventures, SAP Ventures, Samsung Venture Investment Corporation, Mitsui & Co. Global Investment, Inc., and Presidio Ventures.
With 100% yoy growth the past 2 years, $153M in revenue and 275 employees ending 2012, OpenX is ranked #7 on Forbes' 2013 list of the Top 100 America's Most Promising Companies.
Openx - 10 months ago