Summary: Organizes and administers the Nursing Service department. Provides for close cooperation with attending physicians and for the assessment, planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of nursing services and patient care policies in order to assure the highest possible quality of nursing care to residents and to assure compliance with applicable government regulations and guidelines.
1. Insures the development of all resident care policies and procedures, standards of practice policies, philosophy, procedures and nursing job descriptions.
2. Oversees the screening, referencing, hiring, discharging and supervision of nursing personnel.
3. Reviews or completes employee performance appraisals for nursing personnel.
4. Analyzes and evaluates nursing and related services rendered to improve quality of resident care.
5. Develops, prepares and monitors the budget for nursing services.
6. Assists in the selection of prospective residents in terms of their nursing needs and the facility's resources to meet those needs.
7. Provides for assessment, development and coordination of staffing for all Nursing Service personnel.
8.. Provides for planning, directing and coordinating staff meetings, orientation program and in-service training programs for all Nursing Service personnel.
9. Attends regular and ad hoc nursing and administrative meetings as requested and required.
10. Promotes interdepartmental and intradepartmental cooperation and coordination.
11. Coordinates interdisciplinary Resident Care conferences with nursing and other related departments.
12. Oversees medical record responsibilities in conjunction with the ADON and the Health Information Coordinator.
13. Provides for an Interdisciplinary Quality Assurance Program and chairs QA&A Committee.
14. Determines, develops, coordinates achievement of short term and long range departmental performance goals and objectives.
15. Oversees medical, dental, vision, and podiatry services.
16. Chairs Quarterly Pharmacy and Infection Control Committee meetings.
17. Participates in Ethics and Corporate Responsibility Committee meetings.
18. Maintains reliable attendance in accordance with Franciscan Villa's attendance policy.
19. Attends all mandatory in-services.
20. Must be responsible for knowledge and safe use of equipment used to do essential job functions and must request further orientation/instruction if needed.
21. Must report any inappropriate or unsafe activity noted by coworkers, residents, clients and/or visitors.
22. Maintains strict code of confidentiality regarding residents/clients, resident families and private employee matters.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
BSN or relevant degree required.
Supervisory experience necessary, preferably as Associate Director of Nursing.
A minimum of three to five years of nursing home experience preferred.
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers CB
Long Term Care
WI-South Milwaukee-Fransiscan Villa
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...