The primary responsibility of the Vice President of Sales at Rivet Software to is to lead and direct the sales department to meet or exceed sales revenue, sales profitability and budgetary objectives.
The role involves strategic planning, managing sales teams, selling, leveraging technology and improving sales processes. The VP of Sales provides leadership and coordination of the overall company sales functions.
As a dynamic, growing company, we are looking for an enthusiastic sales leader that is experienced in taking a sales team to the next level, achieving revenue and customer retention goals, and has the proven track record in establishing new markets. We want a sales leader that can dramatically increase revenue through effective planning, training, encouragement and management of the team.
* Sales Management/Revenue Forecast
* Strategic Planning
- Directly responsible for the company’s revenue.
- Manage acquisition of new client accounts and coordinate the continued management of existing account relationships.
- Manage the sales teams (Regional Sales Executives, Territory Account Managers and Inside Sales Reps), operations and resources to deliver profitable growth.
- Define and oversee incentive programs that balance profit and sales margins while motivating the sales teams to achieve and exceed their sales targets.
- Hire and develop sales staff, develop and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
- Continually improve the effectiveness of the sales organization to enhance productivity, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Provide detailed and accurate monthly sales forecasting
* Customer/Partner Relationship Management
- Develop sales plans and strategies to achieve the company’s sales goals, profit margins and business development goals both nationally and internationally.
- Analyze evaluate and report to the Executive staff on the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
- Establish and implement short- and long-tem sales goals, objectives, policies, measurements and operating procedures.
- Manage sales department within established budgets.
Education and Experience
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions.
- Monitor, anticipate, communicate and react quickly to trends and changes with customers, the market, competitors and employees.
- Work closely with the partnership/marketing teams to establish successful channel and partner programs as well as lead revenue generation programs for the direct sales team
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Participate in in-person meetings with customers and partners and develop key relationships.
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
Rivet Software is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field. MBA is highly desirable.
- At least 5 years of successful SaaS software based sales management experience, preferably in the sales of financial services related software.
- Startup experience preferred.
- Proven success in building and managing a high performing sales team of at least 20 sales staff.
- Work requires professional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven success in sales strategic planning and execution. Experience in the development of sale strategies and marketing plans for entering new markets highly desirable.
- Strong experience of contracting, negotiating, and day-to-day sales operations management.
- Highly organized and process oriented.
- Strong motivational, innovative, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of using Sales Force as the sales/CRM tool.
- Knowledge of Customer Centric Selling methodology preferred.
- Commitment to company values.