POSITION: VP of Supply Chain
DEPARTMENT: Merchandising REPORTS TO: SVP of Merchandising
The Supply Chain VP is responsible for leading, directing, managing and implementing the Supply Chain strategy and operations at FreshDirect.
The successful candidate should have expertise in distribution, transportation, inventory management, supplier operations and management, process improvement, cost-benefit analysis, as well as logistics strategy development and implementation. They must be able to not only develop solutions, but also drive their implementation across functional areas and through to vendor organizations and supply chain partners and is able to translate executive strategies into supply chain functions.
- Inventory Management across the organization.
- Responsible for all inbound freight.
- Contribute to the S&OP process to align sales and supply chain volume, revenue and supply plans.
- Build, optimize and maintain Forecasting/Buying systems.
- Manage the P&L of the Supply Chain operations.
- Lead and manage the purchasing of all finished goods, raw materials and supplies across the organization.
- Improve cost, quality, service and capabilities while minimizing risk to supply.
- Responsible for vendor scorecard system development and measuring.
- Develop strategy for overall development and improvements to operations for all Supply Chain systems.
- Implement new processes to improve the execution, control, standardization and outcomes of warehousing and Sku strategies.
- Implement and improve operational standardization programs in all Supply Chain functions.
- Able to influence and lead change in articulating ideas clearly and concisely in a variety of settings to concretely implement new processes.
- Responsible for identifying, managing and leading strategic procurement initiatives.
- Plans and carries out work assignments; resolves most conflicts which arise; coordinates work with others as necessary; interprets policy on own initiative in terms of established objectives. Keeps Teamleader informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far-reaching implications
- Trains, assigns work to, and checks work of two (2) or more Teammembers; participates in the decision to hire, fire, and promote Teammembers; does not conduct the same work as Teammembers on a regular basis
- 8-10 years of distribution/supply chain management experience in a CPG, Retail or Grocery organization. Fresh Foods expertise preferred.
- Strong customer service (internal and external)
- Effective management, leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to influence and lead change
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS , Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
The emphasis is on fresh at online grocer FreshDirect. The Internet grocery shopping service delivers to many New York City neighborhoods in...