The American health care industry is undergoing tremendous change. High deductible health plans have been on the rise for years, causing patients to take on more responsibility for an ever-increasing portion of their medical bills. The Affordable Care Act is expected to drive more than 30 million newly insured patients to these types of plans, which will only intensify the situation.
With higher out-of-pocket healthcare expenses come a larger number of people who have trouble paying their medical bills. Unpaid medical bills can lead to financial crisis for patients, and can keep them from getting the care they need, when they need it. For healthcare providers, unpaid medical bills can lead to increased write-offs and a weaker financial footing, threatening their ability to provide quality care to their community.
Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon, just outside Portland, CarePayment offers healthcare finance solutions that improve financial performance for healthcare providers, increase patient satisfaction and loyalty, and are fully compliant with applicable state and federal consumer credit laws. CarePayment partners with healthcare providers to offer co-branded patient-friendly financing programs with the retail-like engagement, service, and technology experience consumers expect.
Founded in 2004, CarePayment is an industry leader now serving more than 139 facilities and clinics and 1.25 million patients with $780 million in life-to-date balances. CarePayment is backed by Aequitas Capital Management, which builds income-producing alternative investment solutions for institutional and high net worth clients. With this foundation, CarePayment has the financial strength to expand its best-in-class solutions to an even wider market. Our mission is to help people access and pay for healthcare and help providers maintain a strong presence in their community.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, this position is responsible for day-to-day hands-on management and oversight of the CarePayment technology teams within our CarePayment business unit and will be a member of the CarePayment Executive Team. The Director of Technology will lead the planning and oversight of the operational aspect of technology including administration, solution design, development, implementation, performance and strategy, provide ongoing technology support for both our internal and external client base, be responsible for the Technology strategy for CarePayment, accommodating both current needs and future growth and perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the company.
- Overall hands-on personnel management of staff that builds the CarePayment suite of products
- Staff Management responsibilities include Software Developers, QA Engineers, Client Implementation Engineers, DBAs, Project Mangers, Release Managers, and System Administrators
- Staff Management responsibilities include in-house employees, local contractors, and offshore contractors
- Vendor relationship management
- Propose overall staffing level for budget
- Decide staffing model (in-house vs. local contractors vs. offshore)
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent combinations of education and experience
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- 8+ years of experience managing Software Developers, QA Engineers, DBAs, and System Administrators
- 5+ years of experience managing outsourced and/or offshore resources
- Skills, knowledge, and significant work experience with Microsoft .NET technology (C#) and SQL Server in a web environment
- Understanding and significant work experience with various SDLC methodologies
- Experience with requirements analysis and technical design
- Experience with Project Management and associated tools
- Significant experience with security architecture and engineering
- Significant experience working with outside hosting vendors
- Flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Aequitas Capital offers a competitive base salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability benefits, as well as an employer-match 401(k) plan.
Aequitas Capital Management, Inc. - 16 months ago
Established in 1993, Aequitas Capital Management is an alternative investment firm providing private equity and commercial finance products...