VP or SVP, Senior Qualitative Research Consultant
Market Strategies International is a leading provider of qualitative research in the United States, consistently executing more than $10M of qual engagements per year. The company believes that rich qualitative methodologies—in all forms, including traditional focus groups and IDIs; ethnographies and netnographies; and in-person, web-mediated and mobile methods—are a critical element in providing clients with integrated insights that drive confident business decisions. Toward this end, Market Strategies International is building an innovative, cross-industry practice dedicated to redefining the discipline of qualitative research.
We interpret, inform, guide and inspire confident decision-making among the world’s most famous brands. The researchers we seek are innovative, qualitative researchers who, in addition to being superb moderators, regularly construct global teams of renowned, local qualitative talent to function as a single-minded provider of consultative insight, which assists brands to improve revenue, market share, profitability, and long-term asset value.
The VP or SVP, Senior Qualitative Research Consultant will focus on the development and execution of business from Fortune 200 organizations as well as other key Market Strategies clients. They create research designs that address the business, marketing, and research objectives of clients in one or more industries. Candidates must have strong knowledge of both industry-specific issues and market research protocol, including the entire process from study design to the delivery of consultative insight. Ideal candidates are able to synthesize and distill information from disparate sources to effectively frame the thinking of senior-level clients about the respective business issues they are facing.
- Consult with clients to understand their business needs and help guide both strategic and tactical decision-making.
- Lead the research design process, inclusive of identification of markets, pricing, creation of discussion guide, research plan and analysis plan.
- Develop and retain client relationships at multiple levels within the clients’ organization.
- Moderate research effectively across multiple modes as needed (groups, in-depth interviews, ethnographies, online discussion boards, etc.), and/or guide and direct moderators located in markets across the world to do the same.
- Utilizing a storytelling approach, deliver narrative and communication alongside interactive workshops, video documentaries and more to imbed important guidance and direction into the minds and hearts of our clients.
- Be a proactive liaison with the client and Market Strategies International teams.
- Fully develop and utilize the company’s capabilities to position Market Strategies International as the client's only choice.
- Must have a Bachelor degree in a related field. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Deep qualitative research experience, including 10+ years of moderating experience (1000+ sessions).
- Must have successful track record of selling, designing and executing qualitative research (More than $1.25M per year required).
- Must have extensive hands-on, onsite experience conducting multi-country, qualitative studies preferred but not required.
- Must be a quick study.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Passionate about understanding people, culture and markets, as well as uncovering how things really work.
- NOTE: This position requires heavy travel.
Market Strategies International, Inc. - 2 years ago