Valet Park of America Seeking Valet Attendants in Norwalk, CT
Looking for full time work (with benefits) or part time work in addition to another job or school? Are you customer service friendly? Do you like the outdoors?
If so then Valet Park of America is looking for you to work become part of our growing team.
Pay: $8.25 + $1/hr attendance bonus, plus tips, which average between $3-$4/hr.
Potential to earn $10-$13 and more to start.
Hours: Our exact schedule is still to be determined, but most of our shifts will be First shift, with hours ranging from 7am-5pm. We also will have evening and weekend shifts, but most shifts are weekday mornings.
Why work for VPA?
* Positive company culture
* Numerous Benefits and Incentive Programs for Employees
* Company trips (such as professional sporting events or company picnics)
* Quarterly newsletter to update you on what's new with the company and to inform you on new opportunities
* We promote management from within the company.
* At VPA you are not just a face, all levels of management gets to know each and every one of you when working side by side
* In this tough economy our company has still been growing at a rapid rate providing new opportunities for staff
* Valet Park of America is committed to its customers, clients, employees, and community.
* Scholarship Opportunities
General purpose – The primary purpose of this position is to greet and assist customers, park their vehicle, and be a visible representative of the establishment we provide services for. After parking the vehicle, the attendant will run back to their station and be prepared to assist the next patron.
Minimum Requirements : – All Valet Attendants are required to:
* Be able to drive a standard transmission vehicle to the satisfaction of management
* Have your own transportation (driving experience)
* Have experience working in customer service
* Be over the age of 18 (due to laws about operating heavy machinery)
* Must have either a High School Diploma or GED
* License(s) required – The general Valet Attendant position requires a valid Class D license to operate a motor vehicle. This license must have been held for at least one year prior to applying.
* A driving record will be required at the time of application, and it must be approved for the applicant to be considered for a position. The Class D license must be kept in good standing for the duration of employment.
* Standing at least 8 hours a day
* Running up to 200 yards, 50 times a day or more
* Entering and exiting customers vehicles 75 or more times daily
* Lifting wheelchairs, strollers, walkers, baggage, gifts, etc. (in and out of customers vehicles)
* Communicate effectively with customers and coworkers
Work environment – Outdoors for the duration of the shift. Inclement weather (hot, cold, precipitation, etc) will have a significant impact on the employees work environment. Shifts will not be cancelled due to inclement weather and all employees will be required to attend their scheduled shifts, and maintain a high quality of work despite weather conditions.
* All employees must undergo a criminal records check
* Must be available to work weekends and holidays when necessary
* Must have a neat appearance and good attitude
* All employees are hired on a 30 day trial period. If during that time the employee does not perform their duties to the satisfaction of management, they can be terminated without cause
* All employees will train for four shifts. During this time they will not receive tips, but will receive a higher pay rate as compensation
* VPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Management will make all final decisions regarding employment offers
Valet Park of America - 17 months ago
Where Quality Still Matters Since 1990
Valet Park of America offers full-service car parking management for all facilities and venues,...