The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position: The Valet Team Lead oversees a shift while greeting and creating a welcoming atmosphere for our customers and clients.
Principal Job Duties:
- Ensuring that increased revenue, managed expenses, and customer satisfaction is maximized by maintaining the highest level of service thresholds and initiatives that are aligned with the expectations of our client.
- Oversight of staff during assigned shifts ensuring compliance with rules of conduct and policies and procedures.
- Effectively and efficient park customer vehicles; return customer vehicles upon request in a timely manner.
- Greet by/use name, be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, and display a caring attitude, develop a rapport with the customer base.
- Assist customers into the facility, provide a gracious sense of arrival, and help direct traffic.
- Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
- Must work with or without supervision.
- Serve as a liaison to parking patrons and various stakeholder groups who are impacted by the operations of the location (and vice versa).
- Assist the Assistant Manager to implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from the operation of the location.
- Responsible for financial reporting on a daily basis.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Supervisory experience is preferred but not required. ·
- Strong customer service experience.
- Parking industry experience is required.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement. Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to drive a standard transmission.
- Knowledge of how to operate various types of motor vehicles. Ability to produce and maintain an acceptable driving record and unrestricted drivers’ license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
To be hired, all candidates must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, disability or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.
Laz Parking - 11 months ago