What's IT like at Nike? At Nike, you'll push your colleagues to do their best work, and they'll turn around and do the same for you. At the end of the day what matters is being able to use the best technologies to help a great company perform even better.
As our Senior Manager of Secondary Support, you'll manage and lead a team and our Supplier to delivery top quality support for SAP, Integration, and reporting systems. You'll oversee the consolidation and implementation of a single Supplier to use a single operating model (tools/methods/processes) while working with multiple cross functional teams to deliver a stable production environment for our core enterprise platforms. You'll help Nike create a strategic advantage by understanding business strategies, objectives, and processes and connecting these to delivery through quality execution and best practices. You'll lead, evangelize, and execute the vision it within the organization using your expertise and influence. You'll be able to work and communicate effectively at multiple levels within the organization - from brainstorming with individual engineers to discussing strategy with senior leaders.
You and your team will provide leadership to manage our core supplier to deliver high quality. You'll be expected to provide and exemplify exceptional leadership for the Nike Technology community as a whole.
You'll be a trusted member of our leadership team with the following responsibilities:
- Lead, develop, and evangelize the application maintenance support vision and roadmap considering business strategy and trends (focused on secondary support in business process areas)
- Manage a core provider to deliver within SLAs measuring with accuracy and consistency
- Manage teams of managers and BSAs to deliver proactive support keeping Nike running.
- Determine where technology can be used to create competitive advantage, by providing proactive stability in our core enterprise platforms (SAP, integration, and reporting systems)
- Define and drive adoption of a single operating model for Application Production Support.
- Be a driving force for constantly improving performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, availability and usability
- Define and cultivate strategic technology partnerships including determining how to effectively leverage 3rd party solutions today and in the future
- Partner with other Nike Senior leaders to deliver a robust application support model on an on-going basis, by delivering quality in secondary support of a production issue.
Qualifications Requirements for the position include:
Technical requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field
- 8 years of experience in IT, business or a related field
- 2 years of additional experience required in lieu of a degree
- 3 years of progressive experience leading or managing teams, preferably including experience managing other managers and Suppliers
- Proven track record of delivering results
- Proven track record in the conceptualization and influencing of transformational operating models and application support.
- Proven ability to think strategically, and to communicate the strategy to a large organization
- Proven ability to turn strategy into reality through superior execution
- Capability to develop technology professionals with high expectations, a collaborative style and a focus on continuous improvement, quality and planning
- Strong skills in team leadership and building positive customer relationships
- Experience in global or multi-branded environments desirable
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving organizations with complex technology applications
- Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation
- Experience leading application support for a multi tiered, high availability environment.
- Knowledge and experience of SOA concepts and producer driven integration
- Knowledge and/or experience in pattern based development/implementation
- Expertise in implementing operating models
- Experience with analytics, transaction processing and SAP services/security.
- Expertise with various ERP systems such as SAP
Nike - 23 months ago
NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products....