Leads, monitors and promotes the lean management system, the lean transformation process and assessment process across the Value Stream. Prioritizes Lean activities across the Value Stream to improve the Value Stream’s S.Q.D.C.I. and support the plant strategy initiatives. Promotes and applies best practices found across and outside Cooper to the Value Stream.
Ensure that all EHS risk assessments (JSA, Safety FMEA, Ergonomics, Machine Guarding, etc) are completed for the VSM and that appropriate standard work is developed and followed to address risks. Responsible for continuous improvement focus on reducing risk and promoting an environment where all VSM employees are active in the EHS improvement process. Understand & lead the incident investigation process with supervisor for any EHS incidents in their value stream using root cause problem solving tools. Own any Site EHS Modules assigned to the VSM manager.
Responsible to use and promote a disciplined root cause problem solving methodology to drive Value Stream daily and strategic Key Performance Indicators (KPI) countermeasures and ensure long term sustainable results.
Problem Solving Skills:
· Basic Problem Solving 1&2 knowledge. Gain skills and become practicing expert in tools such as Quick Response Board (QRB), Continuous Improvement (CI) Board, Tiered Meetings and Escalation Process to resolve problems quickly (pull through via VSM Leadership)
· Tactical KPI Counter Measure (CM) skills/Project Mgmt. - disciplined application of the standard CM tools and demonstrated results
· Abnormal Event Management - knowing how to handle critical situations
· Customer Complaint Mgmt. - linking Customer Complaints back to drive root cause & corrective actions
HR Knowledge & Skills:
Responsible for mentoring talent and driving the performance management process for theVSM, goal setting and alignment of metrics, development plans and succession development. Responsible for human resources policy compliance and development to meet legal and business expectations. Responsible for communication, recognition and positive employee relations to build morale within the VSM.
Quality Mgmt / Returns / Warranty:
Ensures that quality procedures are adhered to and the Value Stream quality objectives are maintained in order to meet the established standards of the finished product and customer expectations. Responsible for continuous improvement in the Value Stream as it relates to external quality metrics (i.e. Complaint/PPM/Warranty reductions and time to response) and internal performance (i.e. first pass yield, scrap, rework, inspection, etc). Promotes and applies best practices to the Value Stream.
Productivity Cost Management:
· Develop, monitor and manage the Variable Flexible Budget (Cost / Std.Hr) linked to planned Volume levels.
· Monitor and Drive Continuous Improvement utilizing Lean Tools (QRB, Tiered Meetings, Escalation process, etc…).
· Manage Project priorities and resource requests to drive Continuous Improvement.
GDP (Planning/management /CM/AP):
· Understands the GDP process and how the plant's X-Matrix, Targets-To-Improve (TTI) and Key-Performance-Indicators (KPI) are linked to the VSM.
· Establish VSM SQDCI baseline and targets to align with plant metrics. Daily trend metrics and analyze misses. Develop proactive action plans (AP) and Counter Measures (CM) to achieve daily, monthly and annual objectives.
· Engages other functional teams to efficiently coordinate improvement activities that affect the Value Stream.
· Flow down VSM metrics to cells. Engage the team in the process.
Understands the capacity, capability and constraints of the VSM processes and how key product characteristics are measured and controlled. Works with R&D, Mfg Eng, and other disciplines in detailed discussions of NPD, process improvement, and problem solving.
· Understand the relationship between inventory velocity, inventory quality and cash. Gained a fundamental knowledge of Lean Supply Chain tools.
· Identifies and drives the resolution of parts shortages and/or excess stock.
· Works with the Supply Chain group to identify specific parts for cost reduction opportunities.
· Lead Kaizens to improve inventory turns for the VSM
· Drives the analysis, explanation, and corrective action for unfavorable variances to assure achievement of expected results. Implements effective spending control processes and reviews. Drives corrective actions to assure compliance to budgetary expectations.
· Strong knowledge of key accounts flowing to each line item in the profit and loss (P&L) and balance sheet.
· Understands the system of budgeting, updates, and Board Estimates used by the company to track and improve performance.
· Proficient in Make/Buy, Discounted Cash Flow, Return on Investment calculations.
Plans and coordinates capacity, manufacturing activities, and personnel within the VSM into an integrated organization to meet actual and forecasted product delivery schedules and productivity targets
· Understands and assures facility compliance with CPS’s supplier requirements and the formal sourcing process for all externally procured material, capital equipment and services.
· Assures establishment of facility supplier management KPI’s in coordination with Division Sourcing, participates in Supplier Business Review process and supports supply base strategies to achieve expected goals and to drive development of a sustainable external supply base.
· Expands focus beyond tactical to strategic by working with Divisional and Corporate teams (ex: supplier consolidation)
PAC/ Project Management:
Supports DMEDI and MVP projects that affect the VSM. Coaches project teams to succeed in utilization of project management systems.
· Provides input to the plant manager regarding unforecasted volume swings affecting the Value Stream.
· Participate in the S&OP process. Focus on the supply review and detailed capacity planning.
Demonstrates the ability to objectively size up a situation and provide direct and actionable feedback in a respectful manner that achieves organizational objectives; can make tough or unpopular decisions when warranted based on a comprehensive assessment the inputs and expectations; faces up to problems quickly and directly without being intimidating.
Delivery on Commitments:
Effectively translates business objectives into action plans and focuses workforce on achieving results. Instills a sense of urgency into workforce and takes aggressive action to ensure expectations are met.
· Understands how the Value Stream contributes to the overall success of the business by participating in business and strategy reviews; understanding GPD and X-matrix goals & objectives and sets goals and objectives aligned to the GDP goals and objectives
· Builds a vision for the VSM to drive improvement by benchmarking other organizations to identify and implement best practices
· Ability to balance between short-term requirements and longer term strategy by identifying current state and creating future state and roadmaps / action plans; prioritizes the urgent and important accordingly
Leader in creating a culture of continuous improvement via positive change while at the same time ensuring that any SQDCI risks from the change are identified and managed. Able to assess the VSM’s readiness for change and create a compelling future state vision that motivates others to action by understanding and conveying the impact of not implementing change. Actively manages the change process of the VSM and participates in the change activities via kaizen events.
Creates a climate where people want to do their best; ability to assess and leverage the strengths of individuals and teams to get their best work; cultivates employee engagement and employee development through teamwork, collaboration, recognition, empowerment, and ownership.
Self Awareness and Development:
Demonstrates a commitment to continuously improve personal, interpersonal, and leadership behaviors evidenced by proactively seeking feedback and responding appropriately; demonstrates an understanding of the impact of leadership style and behavior on desired business outcomes; utilizes various development tools in the process of self-development (e.g., Emotional Intelligence, 360 assessments, Meyers-Briggs or DISC assessments, being the recipient of coaching) in efforts to achieve sustained business results.
Global Mindset & Approach:
Responsible for building and managing a diverse and cross-cultural team across the Value Stream. Actively leverages local and global resources and understand other cultures to better manage labor and material. Develops relationships with other operational leaders both internal and external to the business and share best practices.
· Promotes, develops and supports a bottom up environment that will stimulate creative ideas, risk-taking, and experimentation.
· A good working knowledge of continuous improvement tools, e.g., MVP certified, Black belt, Lean Certified, etc.
· Priority setting; ability to juggle a lot and stay focused; simplifies complexities.
· Cross-functional team leadership and facilitation skills; project management skills (this is the influencing piece).
- 5+ years experience in manufacturing improvement in progressive leadership roles. 2+ years in Operations Management Experience.
- Bachelor's degree, preferable in Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical, Civil, or Chemical engineering.
- MVP expert (Green Belt or higher) certified. Lean & APICS certified.
- Must be a proficient user of systems available (SAP, cProjects, cFolders, SharePoint, Q-Pulse, SHMS, Microsoft Office, Inside Cooper Systems, MD&P, etc) to manage and report on operational and financial results.
- Must be able to use data from business systems to analyze performance and to facilitate corrective actions.
- 2 years ago - save job