This position is responsible to manage and drive the process of continuous improvement for the value stream supply chain (procurement to delivery) and to deliver overall business results for assigned value stream. Assigned value stream is large and complex. Responsible to break down large/complex value stream to smaller/simpler value streams.
This position also ensures that assigned value stream is operated in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s values, employee covenant, and strategic direction
- Deliver agreed to value stream results in the areas of safety, quality, customer service, costs and associate satisfaction/development.
- Define and communicate performance targets for safety, quality, customer service, costs and associate satisfaction/development with Value Stream team. Hold team accountable to those targets.
- Develop and implement plans to provide process improvement in key areas defined above. Value stream improvement initiatives will be aligned with Lean Manufacturing principles and the manufacturing strategic plan.
- Establish an environment conducive to high levels of morale, associate satisfaction, and performance.
- Deliver performance to budget. Use participative approach in budgeting process.
- Ensure alignment of activities and resources within the value stream, and ensure cross-organization collaboration and associate involvement where appropriate.
- Acquire the appropriate people, technology, equipment and financial resources necessary to meet customer expectations and implement the business improvement plans.
- Provide coaching, information, ideas, feedback and encouragement to associates and managers to promote the growth and development of the value stream team.
- Support new process and product development and implementation.
- Participate in negotiations with suppliers regarding issues that impact the value stream: prices, quality, customer service, etc.
- Continued personal growth and development. Support and encourage continuous learning within value stream.
- Be highly visible to associates and create a safe environment for participation. Promote going to Gemba to solve problems and also promote hands-on, high involvement approaches to problem solving.
- Establish visual management techniques to manage the value stream.
- Mentor & development Value Stream Supervisors
- 4 year degree or equivalent
- 4 - 8 years of supervisory or leadership experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of world-class (Lean, Safety, Quality, Manufacturing)
- Proven leader
Andersen Menomonie Inc
Andersen Windows & Doors - 2 years ago
Windows of opportunity abound for Andersen, a maker of wood-clad windows and patio doors in North America. Andersen offers window designs...