Barnes Group Inc. – Barnes Aerospace Division has outstanding opportunity for a Value Stream Manager to join the Windsor, CT location. As a Value Stream Manager, you will be an integral part of the Division’s Operations team. You will also play an active role in strategizing and setting the direction for continued growth and profitability for the Windsor Division. Success in this role will require a proactive management approach, the willingness to “lead by example” and the ability to lead change initiatives for the betterment of the business and organization through the engagement, motivation and training of the workforce.
Our Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Leads the day-to-day production activities for Value Stream I to ensure that current commitments are achieved while improvements are being made. Champion Lean Manufacturing (Kaizen) initiatives to increase overall manufacturing efficiencies at the lowest cost possible.
- Responsible for internal and external supply chain to meet quality and delivery requirements for the end customer.
- Develop and maintain an effective manufacturing organization through selection, training/development, and motivation of the workforce.
- Drives operations to ensure safety, quality, productivity and delivery goals are achieved. Recognizes and rewards employees for their efforts to drive results.
- Provides coaching, information, ideas, feedback and encouragement to supervision, leads and associates to promote the growth and development of the value stream team.
- Tracks daily performance. Verifies counter measures and recovery plans in place for missed targets. Ensures cell communication boards are being used on daily basis.
- Prepare equipment specifications consistent with quality, quantity, delivery and service levels required for the product line.
- Supports new process and product development and implementation.
- Promotes and drives the organization’s vision and utilization of the Barnes Enterprise System (BES). This includes training, motivate, and create an operations excellence culture where all employees are involved in Kaizen / 6-S activities, and actively contributing improvement suggestions.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of operations or manufacturing experience preferably in the Aerospace or related industries; with three years’ experience in leadership with a preference in manufacturing.
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts with proven implementation/integration of Lean principles and techniques in manufacturing environment. Two plus years’ experience implementing Lean Projects.
- Acts with integrity and the highest ethical behavior. Balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information.
- Effective at leading/facilitating change leader; balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information. Track record of promoting positive employee relations.
- Effective interpersonal skills; able to communicate and engage personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Understand the technical nature of the products being manufactured and provide assistance as required.
- Excellent communication skills required and ability to communicate change(s) effectively. Has the ability to influence, build commitment and overcome resistance.
- BS degree in Engineering, Business Management, or the equivalent.
- MS or MBA degree highly desirable.
- Six Sigma or Lean Certification highly preferred.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 15 months ago