Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defence systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defence systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is seeking a Value Stream Manager. This position is responsible for oversight and profitability of the value stream to meet customer and program commitments.
The Value Stream Manager reports directly to the Director, Operations and will ensure value stream financial and operational metrics and key performance indicators are met. The Value Stream Manager will also drive continuous improvement of the value stream at all levels and act as liaison with Program Management and others. Located in Lansdale, PA; no relocation available.
• Provides strategic direction for value stream including long and short range resource planning (labor, equipment) to ensure effective and profitable line function, adjusting to changing customer or business needs as required.
• Monitors and reacts to financial and operational metrics. Provides reports and pro-actively escalates issues to senior management that may impact business objectives.
• Participates in Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning process. Supports quotes with estimated time to completion data for new products; participates in engineering and production transfer meetings.
• Supervises line leaders, including participation in staff selection, performance management (including evaluation and discipline), coaching, training and employee development, and ensuring compliance to legal and company requirements. Coordinates training, develops and inspires production managers to develop high performance teams with the skills needed to conduct effective performance dialogues and RCPS.
• Conducts process confirmations to ensure standard work processes are being followed. Identifies and addresses non-compliance and lowered productivity, looking for continuous improvement opportunities.
• Communicates with others across the organization to gain information and support, escalate issues, receive feedback and suggestions and provide updates and information. Acts as liaison between downstream team and other departments.
• Ensures that Safety, Health and Environmental compliance is included as part of every day activities.
• Assists and supports divisional business strategy and organizational transformation and actively communicates with similar functions within division seeking out best practices.
• Minimum 10 years overall experience in a production environment.
• Minimum 5 years operations management/program management experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering/business or related discipline.
• Ability to think strategically and develop operational plans. Working knowledge of business finance and ability to link financial outcomes with operations actions and strategy.
• Thorough working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and continuous improvement; experience leading operational transformation.
• Experience with personnel supervision.
• Experience presenting to large groups at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to lead and facilitate progressive change and deal effectively with all levels of management and in alignment with the Excellence Code of Conduct.
• Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and assignments.
• Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills. Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, verbally and in writing, to individuals at all levels and to cross-functional groups.
• Good working knowledge of computer applications such as ERP/MRP, outlook, excel and word.
• Must be Secret Clearance eligible.
• Aerospace and defense experience strongly preferred.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity Employer: AA/M/F/D/V
Cobham - 13 months ago
In the aerospace and defense industries Cobham is all over the map. Serving customers in more than a hundred countries, Cobham provides...