Go directly to main content
Career opportunities for people with vision loss
Skip Accessibility and Search
White on black
Black on white
Search our web site
Skip navigation links
Skip menu links
Contact Our Recruiter
Other ways to help
Login or New Account
Location Envision Industries
2301 S. Water
Wichita, KS 67213-4819
Department Envision Industries
Description POSITION SUMMARY (Briefly describe the purpose of the position)
Responsible for the safe operation of a company van, providing transportation for employees to and from destinations, and to assist employees on entry and exit from the vehicle as necessary.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (List in order of importance)
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (List as required or preferred)
- Drive a van over a scheduled route to transport Envision employees/approved Metropolitan Transit Authority riders to and from work sites and other approved locations.
- Check list and Transportation Board for names and schedules of employees and consumers for transportation assignments.
- Assist the transportation supervisor in planning of driving routes.
- Chart necessary information on Daily Transportation Schedule/Log.
- Turn in driving schedule/log and consumer payments to transportation supervisor.
- Assist passengers in getting in and out of the van as needed.
- Notify transportation supervisor of any issues that result from transporting assigned passengers.
- Notify transportation supervisor of potential van maintenance issues or needed repairs; assist in maintaining inside and outside appearance of van.
- Maintain full responsibility for the security and safety of passengers during transport.
- Follow all policies of Envision’s transportation program.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Experience: 1 – 2 years previous experience in driver position preferred. Familiarity with Wichita metro area streets and landmarks a plus.
- Must be a minimum of 25 years of age, and possess a Class C Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or be able to obtain one.
- Maintain a current valid state driver’s license and driving record.
- Ability to exhibit positive attitude and customer-friendly focus with passengers.
- Must possess the ability to work well with blind or visually impaired and developmentally disabled individuals.
- Must be able to remain calm and keep focus when transporting individuals, even when passengers display inappropriate behaviors.
- Must be dependable and flexible with schedule, filling in as a substitute driver on other shifts as needed by management.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and be willing to learn signing for deaf and/or deaf-blind consumers if necessary.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member with other departments.
- Current driver’s license and driving record in good standing required.
- Class C Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or ability to successfully obtain CDL required.
- Successfully complete DOT physical and drug screen per DOT regulations.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: __0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: __0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
0 Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures;
viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
0 Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or
power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks
such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
0 Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
1 Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision - 20 months ago
A. Duie Pyle
A. Duie Pyle
- 1 day ago
- 3 hours ago
Homewood Suites by Hilton University City
Hersha Hospitality Management
- 23 hours ago