Van Driver - located throughout Dauphin and Cumberland Counties
Part-Time positions currently available working various schedules.
Position is responsible for ensuring the safe and timely transportation of individuals receiving services from Keystone Autism Services.
- Drive the company van for adults with autism going to and/or from community activities, including, but not limited to, work, social events and any appointments as needed.
- Receive information from individuals supported and staff to schedule necessary pickups and drop offs. (Need to be flexible with scheduling for last minute transportation needs.)
- Plan a schedule to pick up individuals at their designed pick up point in order to get them to a scheduled event on time and to return individuals to their designed drop off point.
- Keep vans in safe working order with regular maintenance via 30 day van check list. Assure that all necessary preventative maintenance is performed on the van in a timely manner.
- Schedule yearly inspections. Keep vans in working order and ready to use on a daily basis. Keep vans clean at all times and vacuum/clean out on a regular basis.
- Follow all traffic and safety laws.
- Notify the appropriate staff immediately of any participant safety concerns or behavioral issues.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid PA driver's license.
- Must have at least 1 year of stable work history.
- Must possess a clean driving record and submit official driving record acquired from PA Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Must have the ability pass Child Abuse clearances and State Police and/or FBI criminal background checks.
- Must have an awareness and understanding of Autism.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Must have the ability to work effectively and efficiently without continuous direct supervision.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form with all levels of personnel.
- Must be able to think critically, objectively and logically in day to day work situations.
Keystone Human Services - 16 months ago